firefox 2.0.0.7 rc1 problem

Spiderman

Aug 27, 2007, 9:42:31 AM8/27/07
hi,
I am just wandering why firefox 2.0.0.7 rc1 is not available thraough
beta or nightly update channel although it's on this server:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2.0.0.7-candidates/rc1/

Thanks in advance.

Nick Thomas

Aug 27, 2007, 11:55:13 AM8/27/07

That build isn't a genuine release candidate, it's a test of a new
automated process for producing release builds. It won't be appearing on
the beta channel for testing by end-users, although later rc's probably
will. That sort of build doesn't appear be on the nightly channel.

Cheers,
Nick Thomas (Mozilla Build & Release)

Al Billings

Aug 27, 2007, 3:24:36 PM8/27/07
On Aug 27, 9:42 am, Spiderman <A...@gmx.de> wrote:
> hi,
> I am just wandering why firefox 2.0.0.7 rc1 is not available thraough
> beta or nightly update channel although it's on this server:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/2.0.0.7-candid...
>
> Thanks in advance.

This isn't an actual RC1 though it was labeled as such. We're testing
out some changes to the build process. This build was created as part
of this but is not an official RC1 build. I expect that it will be
renamed soon now that our testing is complete.

Al
abil...@mozilla.com

Justin Wood (Callek)

Aug 28, 2007, 9:00:50 PM8/28/07

Using my fiance's laptop the other day, I could have sworn that it
downloaded the 2.0.0.7rc1 from the update channel. I was a bit
surprised as I hadn't heard of a new security release coming. But I do
have that firefox downloaded as non-branding (got the zip build somewhere).

As when I "installed" it, it wasn't her laptop, and the person's who's
it was didn't want extra things installed (blamed disk-space on system
being slow, of course no explanation from me cured that).

...Anyway, I can check in a few days if its worth it to be sure that is
what downloaded, and double check the update prefs.

~Justin Wood (Callek)

Nick Thomas

Aug 29, 2007, 7:45:40 AM8/29/07
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:

> Using my fiance's laptop the other day, I could have sworn that it
> downloaded the 2.0.0.7rc1 from the update channel. I was a bit
> surprised as I hadn't heard of a new security release coming. But I do
> have that firefox downloaded as non-branding (got the zip build somewhere).

To get that update you'd have to be on the betatest channel, which is
used for pre-release testing and isn't intended for general consumption.
Most end users are on release.

Justin Wood (Callek)

Aug 29, 2007, 12:26:00 PM8/29/07

That could explain it, given that I used to compile trunk nightlies even
as late as march (stopped for a bit due to time constraints) I may have
set that without intending.

Thanks,
~Justin Wood (Callek)

Spiderman

Aug 30, 2007, 11:29:33 AM8/30/07
I know I have the update channel add-on. :)

Spiderman

Aug 30, 2007, 11:33:11 AM8/30/07
Normally you shouldn't get the rc1 of 2.0.0.7. I tried to update to it
through the beta and nightly update channel but it doesn't work. It's
only a testing version for some new feature. You can read it in the
readme file on the download server.