Change download action for .rdp files on Windows and OS X

Sam

Oct 16, 2006, 12:04:23 PM10/16/06
Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to change the default download action in Firefox
for files with .rdp extentions. Currently these files open up as plain
text in firefox and I want to instead associate them with the Microsoft
Remote Desktop client (which is available for both Windows and OS X).

In IE I am able to just click on these files and then select open and
the correct program is launched. The command line that is executed is

mstsc.exe "%l"

If there is a way for me to create an extension or a pluggin to mimic
this behavior than that would be acceptable too... I just don't really
know where to start.

Thanks for any help,

Sam

Nir

Oct 16, 2006, 12:44:01 PM10/16/06
In Firefox , goto Tools>Options>Downloads>View & Edit Actions.
Look for .rdp file type. if it is listed there , select it and click on
'Change Action' button

sam....@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2006, 1:45:25 PM10/16/06
Thanks but it isn't listed so I'm looking for a way to add it to that
box.