Re: Support for dropping XPI files into the extension install locations might be going away

belt...@mozilla.com

May 27, 2010, 6:43:39 PM5/27/10
to Dave Townsend, dev-apps...@lists.mozilla.org
I agree that this system should be removed. Do we know if any third party providers use it? I suspect not, as I don't recall seeing the install dialog when Skype installed itself.

cheers,
mike

May 30, 2010, 8:46:10 AM5/30/10
This isn't the same as dragging and dropping onto Firefox the UI. The
vast majority of users won't even know this is gone.

i Drugoy

May 30, 2010, 8:53:20 AM5/30/10
On 30 май, 16:46, sabret00the <sabret00...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> This isn't the same as dragging and dropping onto Firefox the UI. The
> vast majority of users won't even know this is gone.

Oh, thx for explanation, sorry then, I thought about drag-n-drop *.xpi
going to be cut.
Never mind, then.