Firefox add-on wanted

Big Bobby Clobber

Oct 12, 2006, 2:58:31 PM10/12/06
I would like to be able to automatically save certain pieces of data
from a particular web page. I.e. for a page that is updated
automatically at a given time interval, I would like to save certain
pieces of data from that page every time it is updated. Does anybody
know of such an application?

Thanks,
Joe

Myk Melez

Oct 12, 2006, 8:39:37 PM10/12/06
to Big Bobby Clobber

Do you only want to know the current information, or do you want this
application/extension to save a history of changes to the information?

-myk

Toufeeq Hussain

Oct 13, 2006, 4:02:09 AM10/13/06
to Big Bobby Clobber, dev-apps...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

Not sure if this will help but an extension called LiveUrl's
(https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2400/) which allows you to create
a link of content which is present on a webpage.

After you install LiveURls' , select a portion of the content in
question, right-click and choose "Copy position of selected content"
from the menu. This will give you a DOM based URL of the content w.r.t
the full-page. If the page has changed, and you re-visit the liveurl
which you had earlier created, you should be able to see the changed
content.

The extension was not developed with this in mind so I'm unsure if
this will be 100% accurate for your case. Worth a try though. :)

HTH,
Toufeeq
PS: I have vested interest in the above extension :)
--
blog @ http://toufeeq.net