Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts

TJ

Mar 2, 2008, 12:28:04 AM3/2/08
Hi all,

Sorry I'm not sophisticated enough to file a bug (also, that seems a
little presumptuous for a random user to do...).

I know folks are aware that Gmail (newer version) contact list names
don't appear, and last I heard, folks were working with Google to
resolve some intentionally "adjusted" code that Google was delivering
to Fx that was causing this. But if anybody uses Gmail and keyboard
shortcuts, you may also know that these don't work well on Fx3. After
Gmail loads, you have to click somewhere in the window before the
shortcuts will work; otherwise, Fx3 takes your keystroke as a search
(note: I assume this is only the case for those of us who have enabled
the option to start searching upon typing). Also, if one uses the "/"
shortcut to focus the search box, using the Esc shortcut to EXIT the
search box (and be able to use other shortcuts again) doesn't work in
Fx3.

Just a heads up. Otherwise, I always Help > Check for Updates with
excitement at 9am. ;) Keep up the good work!

Tony Mechelynck

Mar 2, 2008, 12:44:30 AM3/2/08
TJ wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry I'm not sophisticated enough to file a bug (also, that seems a
> little presumptuous for a random user to do...).

[...]

It's quite easy: Once you have determined that some Mozilla product has
a bug (or even needs an improvement), browse to
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ . Then, if you don't yet have an account,
get one (it's free as in beer); if you do, make sure you're logged-in.
Then click "New" near top left or bottom left of the page, and proceed
from there. The bug-reporting page has help links to explain what you
might not understand, and a "Search" form allowing you to look for
already reported bugs presenting the same symptoms. Don't bypass that
search: if you find that someone else has already reported "your" bug,
you don't need to report it again, but you can vote for his bug.

If anyone, even a "random" user, gets hit by a bug, he should report it,
because if a bug isn't reported, it cannot be fixed.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
But in our enthusiasm, we could not resist a radical overhaul of the
system, in which all of its major weaknesses have been exposed,