Need your expertise in reviewing the Firefox 3 product help

David Tenser

Feb 28, 2008, 1:50:14 PM2/28/08
Dear awesome Firefox developers,

We're (finally) ready to hand the in-product docs over to you guys for
"master review." The docs are customized for your current browser,
meaning if you run Firefox 3 on Mac, that's what you'll see.

We really need your help to review the content here and make sure it's
not inaccurate. Note that we're not including any screenshots at this
point, because we want to wait until the UI is (pretty much) finalized.
Any pointers on when that's happening would also be much appreciated.

Without further ado, here are the documents (note that you need to be
logged in with a SUMO account to see (and edit) them):

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/accessibility-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/cookies-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/customization-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/download_manager-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/forieusers-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/glossary-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/menu_reference-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/mouse_shortcuts-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/popup-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/prefs-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/shortcuts-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/tabbed_browsing-en-US
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/using_firebird-en-US

Please post here (or edit the article directly) if you see any factual
errors or stuff we're missing. The plan is to finalize the documentation
and hand it off to localizers, which is why we want to verify that the
quality is as high as possible.

Thank you in advance,

David

Gervase Markham

Feb 29, 2008, 11:32:34 AM2/29/08
David Tenser wrote:
> We're (finally) ready to hand the in-product docs over to you guys for
> "master review." The docs are customized for your current browser,
> meaning if you run Firefox 3 on Mac, that's what you'll see.

Just a suggestion: you might get better coverage if you approach
particular people about reviewing particular pages. Otherwise it's
really easy to think "well, someone else will do it"...

Gerv

David Tenser

Feb 29, 2008, 3:09:04 PM2/29/08

Yeah, I agree. I approached mconnor and beltzner particularly and asked
for ways to get more people to distribute the load and mconnor suggested
the newsgroup.

Gerv, can you review the documents please? ;)

Gervase Markham

Mar 5, 2008, 4:27:31 AM3/5/08
David Tenser wrote:
> Yeah, I agree. I approached mconnor and beltzner particularly and asked
> for ways to get more people to distribute the load and mconnor suggested
> the newsgroup.
>
> Gerv, can you review the documents please? ;)

Note the "particular documents" phrase in my sentence :-) If there are
ones you think I'm the expert on, point them out :-P

Gerv

David Tenser

Mar 5, 2008, 3:35:08 PM3/5/08