Skupiny Google už nepodporují nová předplatná ani příspěvky Usenet. Historický obsah lze zobrazit stále.

release of a "stable" version of lightning?

0 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Jasper Reh

nepřečteno,
13. 2. 2006 8:45:3213.02.06
komu:
Hey folks,
Is there anyone who can estimate when a "stable" version (i mean with no
data-loss-bugs) will be released? I cant wait for it!!! ;)

greetings

Jasper

Simon Paquet

nepřečteno,
13. 2. 2006 11:20:2913.02.06
komu:
Jasper Reh wrote on 13. Feb 2006:

> Is there anyone who can estimate when a "stable" version (i mean with
> no data-loss-bugs) will be released? I cant wait for it!!! ;)

We are hoping to release Lightning 0.1 at the end of February. One of
the
goals of this release is, that there are no known *internal* dataloss
bugs.

The "internal" here means, that there should be no loss of data, which
Lightning is producing or internally working with. This version will
still contain *external* dataloss bugs. By "external" we mean data, that
is produced by other calendar programs, that is not internally used by
Lightning.

You'll always have to remember, that this is a 0.1 release and you
cannot
and should not expect the same quality, that you can expect from a 1.x
release of Firefox or Thunderbird.

This does not mean, that Lightning will suck in every aspect, but it
will
certainly suck in some aspects and the developers are well aware of that
fact.

--
Simon Paquet
Sunbird/Calendar website maintainer

Ricardo Palomares Martinez

nepřečteno,
13. 2. 2006 13:42:1413.02.06
komu:
Simon Paquet escribió:

> This does not mean, that Lightning will suck in every aspect, but it will
> certainly suck in some aspects and the developers are well aware of that
> fact.

Still, I'm willing to have a "milestone". As a translator, the current
situation is very difficult, with up to 4 different locale sets for
Calendar XPI (that, when crossed with linux/mac/win platforms and
different Mozilla/Fx/TB/SM versions, result in 8 different XPIs), plus
Sunbird 0.2, plus Sunbird 0.3alfa1.

If Lightning 0.1 ships with more or less the same feature set than
stable Calendar XPIs, you may be establish the old 20050111 Calendar
XPI for Mozilla Suite 1.7.x and Fx/Tb 1.0 and Lightning 0.1 for Fx/Tb
1.5 and SM 1.0. And, from there, go ahead. Is that a feasible scenario?

Ricardo.

--
If it's true that we are here to help others,
then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?

Cédric Corazza

nepřečteno,
13. 2. 2006 15:07:1313.02.06
komu:
Ricardo Palomares Martinez a écrit :
> .... As a translator, the current

> situation is very difficult, with up to 4 different locale sets for
> Calendar XPI (that, when crossed with linux/mac/win platforms and
> different Mozilla/Fx/TB/SM versions, result in 8 different XPIs), plus
> Sunbird 0.2, plus Sunbird 0.3alfa1.

Hi,
I agree with you Ricardo, but as Simon said recently, the
Calendar/Lightning/Sunbird locales will move to /l10n soon, so no more
problem with buildings ;-) I looking towards it
Regards

Simon Paquet

nepřečteno,
14. 2. 2006 3:58:3214.02.06
komu:
Ricardo Palomares Martinez wrote on 13. Feb 2006:

>> This does not mean, that Lightning will suck in every aspect, but it
>> will certainly suck in some aspects and the developers are well aware
>> of that fact.
>
> Still, I'm willing to have a "milestone".

So are we :-))

> As a translator, the current situation is very difficult, with up to
> 4 different locale sets for Calendar XPI

4 different locale sets? Why? The locale files are all centralized
in mozilla/calendar/resources/locale and there shouldn't be any
different sets.

Can you clarify here, please?

> (that, when crossed with linux/mac/win platforms

There's nothing we can do about the cross-platform character of our
apps :-) And we certainly don't want to.

> and different Mozilla/Fx/TB/SM versions

The last XPI for the Mozilla Suite was released in January 2005 and
there are no plans to release an updated version for the Suite.

There are ongoing internal discussions regarding our target
applications for Lightning.

> result in 8 different XPIs), plus Sunbird 0.2,

What are you currently doing regarding localization of Sunbird 0.2?
This is an old release and nothing you should focus on.

> If Lightning 0.1 ships with more or less the same feature set
> than stable Calendar XPIs, you may be establish the old 20050111
> Calendar XPI for Mozilla Suite 1.7.x and Fx/Tb 1.0 and Lightning
> 0.1 for Fx/Tb 1.5 and SM 1.0. And, from there, go ahead. Is that
> a feasible scenario?

Lightning 0.1 will be released for Thunderbird 0.1. As I said we're
in ongoing discussions about our other target applications for
Lightning.

Dan Mosedale

nepřečteno,
14. 2. 2006 21:00:0814.02.06
komu:
Simon Paquet wrote:
> Lightning 0.1 will be released for Thunderbird 0.1. As I said we're
> in ongoing discussions about our other target applications for
> Lightning.

Thunderbird 1.5, that is. :-)

Dan

Ricardo Palomares Martinez

nepřečteno,
17. 2. 2006 17:17:1217.02.06
komu:
Simon Paquet escribió:

> Ricardo Palomares Martinez wrote on 13. Feb 2006:

Sorry for the delay.

>> As a translator, the current situation is very difficult, with up to 4
>> different locale sets for Calendar XPI
>
> 4 different locale sets? Why? The locale files are all centralized
> in mozilla/calendar/resources/locale and there shouldn't be any
> different sets.
>
> Can you clarify here, please?

Now that you mention it, probably I was taking the wrong point of
view, but I was seeing the different Calendar XPI releases as if they
represented different "branches" (just like Firefox 1.0.x vs. Firefox
v1.5.0.x vs. the trunk) so I felt the need to not just update the
glossary (I'm using Mozilla Translator), but copy it and mantain both.

>> (that, when crossed with linux/mac/win platforms
>
> There's nothing we can do about the cross-platform character of our
> apps :-) And we certainly don't want to.

Again, I was mixing problems and I was not clear enough. Having
different versions of the XPI depending on the OS does not impact the
translation process, but as long as we have to provide ourselves the
XPIs, it involves additional workload to build them and put it in a
download page. Ok, not a big deal when compared with what you are
doing, anyway. :-)

>> If Lightning 0.1 ships with more or less the same feature set than
>> stable Calendar XPIs, you may be establish the old 20050111 Calendar
>> XPI for Mozilla Suite 1.7.x and Fx/Tb 1.0 and Lightning 0.1 for Fx/Tb
>> 1.5 and SM 1.0. And, from there, go ahead. Is that a feasible scenario?
>
> Lightning 0.1 will be released for Thunderbird 0.1. As I said we're
> in ongoing discussions about our other target applications for
> Lightning.

I had the impression that SeaMonkey team was either taking care of
getting Lightning working on it or being in touch with you the
Calendar Team to make such thing possible without too much effort.

Simon Paquet

nepřečteno,
19. 2. 2006 10:59:3819.02.06
komu:
And on the seventh day Ricardo Palomares Martinez spoke:

>>> As a translator, the current situation is very difficult, with up to 4
>>> different locale sets for Calendar XPI
>>
>> 4 different locale sets? Why? The locale files are all centralized
>> in mozilla/calendar/resources/locale and there shouldn't be any
>> different sets.
>>
>> Can you clarify here, please?
>
>Now that you mention it, probably I was taking the wrong point of
>view, but I was seeing the different Calendar XPI releases as if they
>represented different "branches" (just like Firefox 1.0.x vs. Firefox
>v1.5.0.x vs. the trunk) so I felt the need to not just update the
>glossary (I'm using Mozilla Translator), but copy it and mantain both.

Different calendar XPI releases may represent different states in terms
of localizability or string values.

>> Lightning 0.1 will be released for Thunderbird 0.1. As I said we're
>> in ongoing discussions about our other target applications for
>> Lightning.
>
>I had the impression that SeaMonkey team was either taking care of
>getting Lightning working on it or being in touch with you the
>Calendar Team to make such thing possible without too much effort.

The Seamonkey team is interested in having a working Lightning extension
for Seamonkey but as far as I know, this hasn't gone beyond the planning
stadium. The Lightning/Sunbird team itself does not work on it at the
moment, because it is very busy in shipping Lightning 0.1 for Thunderbird
until the end of February and Sunbird 0.3 alpha2 shortly afterwards.

Simon
--
Rusty: You scared?
Linus: You suicidal?