status of Lightning 0.1

Dan Mosedale

Feb 23, 2006, 2:39:41 AM2/23/06
We're still trying to hit a release date of February 28th, but I think
there's a fair amount of risk at this point.

I just went through and updated the status whiteboard ETAs for bugs in
the blocker list
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=298366&hide_resolved=1>
that I felt comfortable making estimates on. If other bug owners could
do the same, that would be helpful.

Tomorrow night, I'll go through and re-update bugs appropriately and
post another summary here.

Dan

Dan Mosedale

Feb 24, 2006, 3:57:34 AM2/24/06
Yesterday, I wrote:
> We're still trying to hit a release date of February 28th, but I think
> there's a fair amount of risk at this point.

OK, it's looking to me like we're going to slip a bit, but I'm hoping
that it won't be by very much. I think that a fair number of bugs are
likely to be knocked off the blocker list by the time Monday rolls
around, so I'm hoping that we'll be able to have some sort of
guesstimate then.

I've updated the status whiteboard ETAs on the blocker bugs; if other
folks could do the same, that would be much appreciated.

Dan

Dan Mosedale

Feb 28, 2006, 2:20:12 AM2/28/06
Dan Mosedale wrote:
> Yesterday, I wrote:
>> We're still trying to hit a release date of February 28th, but I think
>> there's a fair amount of risk at this point.
>
> OK, it's looking to me like we're going to slip a bit, but I'm hoping
> that it won't be by very much. I think that a fair number of bugs are
> likely to be knocked off the blocker list by the time Monday rolls
> around, so I'm hoping that we'll be able to have some sort of
> guesstimate then.

While we did manage to get rid of a fair number of bugs, several
regressions reared their ugly heads. Additionally, 1 more blocker (bug
298366) showed up. There are currently four unowned bugs on the blocker
list, so if anyone is up for taking one or more of them, that'd be great.

More status tomorrow night.

Dan

Dan Mosedale

Mar 6, 2006, 2:46:35 AM3/6/06
Over the weekend, we found one more bug that needed to block Lightning
0.1, and thanks to Michiel van Leeuwen, there is now a fix for that in
the tree. We also took several low-risk, high-visibility patches as
well. If Monday morning's nightly builds look good, they could be the
0.1 release candidates. More as it happens.

Dan