[ANN] SOGo-0.9-20070713 released

1 view

Wolfgang Sourdeau

Jul 13, 2007, 1:55:50 PM7/13/07
Inverse team is happy to announce the pre-release 0.9-20070713 of
Scalable OpenGroupware.org (alias "SOGo").

[ Release 1.0 ]

SOGo has evolved a lot during this past year and we will soon be able to
make a release 1.0 of our project. Inverse groupe conseil invites you to
test is extensively and report bugs. Also, we would be glad to hear
about your experience, in particular if you are using it in a work
environment. This way, we will be able to provide a free groupware suite
with enough functionalities and ease of use that proprietary equivalents
will be made obsolete.

[ What is SOGo ? ]

SOGo is a flavour of OGo that was redesigned for scalability while
keeping the fundamental functionalities of a groupware server. It can be
used both as a Web application with a user interface that integrates
well with the Mozilla application suite, or as a GroupDAV and CalDAV
server which you can then access from your native client application of
choice such as Mozilla Thunderbird and Lightning.

Inverse has contributed to SOGo many enhancements and features,
such as :

- Fresh AJAX-based user interface which mimics the Thunderbird /
Lighthing / Sunbird look and feel while reducing resource usage
- Calendar, address book and IMAP folder sharing
- Exchange and Oracle Calendar-compatible ACLs
- Tasks support and vCard storage support for contacts
- Multiple address books per user and LDAP-based address books
- CalDAV support
- Auto-creation of database tables for an easier setup

[ SOGo on the Web ]

Screenshots of the Web interface for the calendar, address book and
email modules are available from :

http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/sogo-calendar.jpg
http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/sogo-contacts.jpg
http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/sogo-mail.jpg

and of the native interface provided by Mozilla Thunderbird and Lightning :

http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/thunderbird-calendar.jpg
http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/thunderbird-contacts.jpg
http://www.inverse.ca/groupware/images/thunderbird-mail.jpg

We now have a demo website where you can experience SOGo from the web or
with your preferred CalDAV client:

http://sogo-demo.inverse.ca/

Finally, you can also visit Inverse's website (http://inverse.ca) which
contains more information and videos about SOGo
(http://www.inverse.ca/contributions/sogo.html), our Thunderbird
GroupDAV plugin
(http://www.inverse.ca/contributions/thunderbird_groupdav_plugin.html)
and our Lightning Enhancer plugin
(http://www.inverse.ca/contributions/lightning_enhancer_plugin.html).

[ Changes since the last release ]

- added the ability to specify a super user through the
SOGoSuperUsername user default;
- added the ability to view the message source;
- don't autocreate folders if we are not their owners;
- made compatible with PostgreSQL 8.2;
- the months and years menus of the date selector would no longer
appear;
- fixed a bug which would produce task SQL records which would violate
non-null constraints on the quick calendar tables;
- the tasks due date was wrongly set because of a change in the API;
- it was impossible to empty the start and the due date in the task
editor from the moment they were set;
- imap folders with non-ascii characters are now correctly accessed;
- display the quotas of the selected mailbox on servers that
support quotas;
- a bug in the folder acl description was preventing from accessing
resources in dav;
- AuthentificationMethod was renamed to SOGoAuthentificationMethod;
- SOGoAuthentificationMethod needs to be explicitly set to "bypass" to
prevent login verification;

[ Getting SOGo ]

SOGo is free software and is distributed under the GNU GPL. As such,
you are free to download and try it by either getting the newly
released snapshot from :

http://www.inverse.ca/uploads/SOGo/SOGo-20070713.tar.gz

or by getting the sources from the official SVN server :

http://svn.opengroupware.org/SOGo/inverse/trunk/

Documentation about the installation and configuration of SOGo is
available from :

http://www.inverse.ca/contributions/sogo/documentation.html

[ Getting support ]

For any questions, do not hesitate to contact us by writing an email
to: sup...@inverse.ca

We are continuously working on the project and a full-featured release
1.0 is to come very soon!

Bas van den Bosch

Jul 21, 2007, 1:58:23 PM7/21/07

Thanks for the announcement, going to try this out for sure... See if
can make some people happy....

gr

Bas