Proposal for an Event Summary Dialog

1 view

Christian Jansen

Nov 23, 2006, 8:58:40 AM11/23/06
Hi All,
I've worked on a design for an event summary dialog [1].

The typical use case for that, in calendar server based environment,
is if:

- User A gets an invitation to a meeting.
- User A accepts the invitation
- The event is stored in User A's calendar
- User A has no access rights to change properties of the event, except
properties which apply to User A.

This dialog is based upon the designs made for [2]

As always, feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Christian

[1] Event Summary Dialog
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:SMB_Event_Summary

[2] Enterprise Event Dialog
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:SMB_Event_Dialog

Joey Minta

Nov 23, 2006, 10:16:06 PM11/23/06
I'm curious what motivated the decision to have a new dialog, with a
different structure from the one the user is used to. It seems to me
like it might make more sense to simply add visual indicators to show
that the fields the user isn't allowed to change are disabled, perhaps
with an appropriate bit of explanatory text at the top, much like the
standard event dialog's "This event is in a read-only calendar."

-Joey

Christian Jansen

Nov 24, 2006, 5:04:48 AM11/24/06
The decision was motivated by the need of displaying all necessary
event information, in one single, easy to read, place.

Disabling items might make sense, but currently the result would look
like [1]. Which is from my point of view not very readable.

Regards,
Christian

[1] http://wiki.mozilla.org/Image:Example.png