enterprise calendar

Michael Büttner

Jul 20, 2006, 12:24:28 PM7/20/06
In yesterday's weekly calendar meeting we discussed the technical
details regarding the planned enterprise features. Please find the
appropriate wiki-page at
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:Enterprise_Features for the details
regarding this topic.

There's one piece I left out in the wiki-page, namely how should the
structure for additional resources (skin/locales) look like. I'm not
sure how this should be structured. my suggestion would be that we
handle the resources with the following additional folders:

/calendar
/enterprise
/themes
/pinstripe
/winstripe
/locales
/en-US

As always, comments are welcome.

mickey.

lilmatt

Jul 21, 2006, 9:25:50 AM7/21/06

Michael Büttner wrote:
> There's one piece I left out in the wiki-page, namely how should the
> structure for additional resources (skin/locales) look like. I'm not
> sure how this should be structured. my suggestion would be that we
> handle the resources with the following additional folders:
>
> /calendar
> /enterprise
> /themes
> /pinstripe
> /winstripe
> /locales
> /en-US

When I suggested similar locales structures in the past, I've received
feedback from the localizers that having multiple directories they need
to check out in order to localize everything is too onerous.

As a result your locales should live in:
/calendar/locales/en-US/chrome/enterprise
and I'd suggest putting them in their own enterprise-en-US.jar

Your proposed themes structure seems in line with what currently
exists, although my preference would be to move away from having themes
directories all over the place. I haven't gotten enough consensus on
that to make it happen, but here's what I've been envisioning:

/calendar
/themes
/*instripe
/calendar (shared stuff)
/enterprise
/lightning
/sunbird

Each subdirectory would correspond to the feature's jar.

-lilmatt

Michael Büttner

Jul 27, 2006, 12:16:10 PM7/27/06
lilmatt wrote:
> When I suggested similar locales structures in the past, I've received
> feedback from the localizers that having multiple directories they need
> to check out in order to localize everything is too onerous.
>
> As a result your locales should live in:
> /calendar/locales/en-US/chrome/enterprise
> and I'd suggest putting them in their own enterprise-en-US.jar
>
> Your proposed themes structure seems in line with what currently
> exists, although my preference would be to move away from having themes
> directories all over the place. I haven't gotten enough consensus on
> that to make it happen, but here's what I've been envisioning:
>
> /calendar
> /themes
> /*instripe
> /calendar (shared stuff)
> /enterprise
> /lightning
> /sunbird
>
> Each subdirectory would correspond to the feature's jar.
This sounds perfectly reasonable. I was in doubt whether those files
should just live in the enterprise folder or besides the dedicated
locales/themes locations. Your suggestion really seems to be the better
approach, thanks for pointing this out. I'll update the wiki accordingly.

mickey.

Michael Büttner

Jul 27, 2006, 12:25:44 PM7/27/06
Michael Büttner wrote:
> In yesterday's weekly calendar meeting we discussed the technical
> details regarding the planned enterprise features. Please find the
> appropriate wiki-page at
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:Enterprise_Features for the details
> regarding this topic.
Nobody seems to have any concerns, so I'd like to go ahead and check the
first bunch of files in. Additionally, please note that I filed bug
#346110 which will contain the necessary patches to make the calendar
code aware of the new stuff.

mickey.

Michael Büttner

Jul 28, 2006, 7:14:10 AM7/28/06
Michael Büttner wrote:
> Nobody seems to have any concerns, so I'd like to go ahead and check the
> first bunch of files in.
I would like to note that the name of the new folder has been changed
from 'enterprise' to 'prototypes' during the last calendar status
meeting. I'll update the wiki accordingly today.

The first feature that is about to be commited is the event dialog
proposed at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:Event_Dialog. The exact
location will be 'mozilla/calendar/prototypes/wcap'.

I'd like to make this a last call for feedback. If there're any other
suggestions/concerns, please bring them up before Monday. In case no
further comments arrive until then I'll go ahead an check the stuff in.

mickey.