Lightning 0.3 - Event List/Search ?

Allan Mondor

Oct 12, 2006, 11:11:39 AM10/12/06
I just upgraded from the Mozilla Calendar to Lightning 0.3 and really
like the integration with Thunderbird. However, one very important
capability that seems to be missing is the ability to list and search
all the events in a calendar.

I tried out Sunbird 0.3 and noticed that is has this capability, so I
wondering why it's not there in Lightning? Any ideas?

Allan

Jef Driesen

Oct 13, 2006, 3:55:49 AM10/13/06

This is also one of the features I'm missing in Lightning. If this
functionality is added, the calendar could be synchronized with the
thunderbird concept of the "message pane" (for listing events/tasks) and
the "preview pane" (for the main calendar view).

But for the rest, sunbird/lightning has already most features I need for
my daily usage. Keep up the nice work!

alta88

Oct 15, 2006, 12:15:36 PM10/15/06
---On 2006.Oct.13 01:55 AM, Jef Driesen wrote:

> This is also one of the features I'm missing in Lightning. If this
> functionality is added, the calendar could be synchronized with the
> thunderbird concept of the "message pane" (for listing events/tasks) and
> the "preview pane" (for the main calendar view).

yes! +1. using the Message List (Pane) for lists type data w/searching,
while using the Message Pane (Preview) for the calendar view, would be a
large ergonomic advancement.