Mozilla accessibility grants available

Aaron Leventhal

Aug 17, 2006, 4:14:18 PM8/17/06
As many of you know, the Mozilla Foundation is funding small
grants for individuals to work on accessibility in Mozilla
projects.

We are still looking for more passionate individuals to take
on projects, that are beneficial to Mozilla accessibility.
The work can either be in the core Mozilla codebase itself,
or in a Mozilla project (such as Thunderbird), or within
open source infrastructure, testing tool or assistive
technology related to Mozilla. Open source projects outside
of Mozilla need to show how they clearly benefit Mozilla,
but it is certainly possible to do that.

The most difficult requirement is that the individual must
have relevant experience either in the open source project
they will be working on, or have a fair amount of depth in
accessibility coding in general. We will need to be able to
show that you're the right person for the grant. On the
other hand, don't let a lack of experience in one area scare
you away, as it is expected that you'll learn quite a bit
during the life project.

If you or someone you know is a potential grant, please
contact me. There are potential projects but we're also open
to ideas.

These are not large grants. The maximum grant is $10k,
although it is possible that some important projects may
involve more than one round of grant funding.

Thank you,
- Aaron Leventhal