Chromebug 1.6a10

John J Barton

Apr 23, 2010, 9:22:26 PM4/23/10
Lots of convenience features added.
http://blog.getfirebug.com/2010/04/23/chromebug-1-6a10/
jjb

johnjbarton

Apr 25, 2010, 11:18:51 AM4/25/10

This version can hang if you set break on all errors. I've found and
fixed that problem, new release Monday.

jjb

Borgendorf

Apr 26, 2010, 4:37:53 PM4/26/10

The link to the extension (http://getfirebug.com/releases/chromebug/
chromebug-1.6.0a10.xpi) is 404.

John J Barton

Apr 26, 2010, 8:16:24 PM4/26/10

Yes, I forgot to push one button. I pushed it and hope now it will show up.

I think for them most part this version is fine. The bug I planned to
solve today turns out to be rarer and harder to solve than I thought.
Read on if you like details, otherwise just get 1.6a10.

The 1.6a10 version has the following bug:
1) Set Break On All Errors
2) Exit
3) when you hit the platform error
this.docShell is null in chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
4) press "Skip"
5) Exit
6) Restart
You will have 6 or 7 breakpoints on the line where this.docShell fails.

The bug is that Chromebug's heuristic for knowing when a XUL file has
been compiled is wrong and that heuristic reports the compile 6 times. I
don't know how to fix that directly so I have to find another hack to
prevent the multiple breakpoints. But when I put that hack in, Firefox
goes in to a loop after step 4 in some nanojit related code. So I'll
have to look into all of this another day.

jjb