"XML Parsing Error: undefined entity" in /xulrunner/chrome/toolkit.jar!/content/global/netError.xhtml

volker

Jun 30, 2010, 9:25:07 AM6/30/10
to mozilla-labs-prism
Hi,

we have an issue with a Prism installation in a big company's network
of our client. First, I do not know much about that network, but I
assume they need a proxy and maybe have some firewall for connecting
to the internet.

My client installed Prism 1.0b4 and tried to launch our Prism app.
Then he set the auto-detect proxy setting, which led him to /xulrunner/
chrome/toolkit.jar!/content/global/netError.xhtml. However, instead of
the error page he got the following error:

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: jar:file:///c:/path/to/Prism/xulrunner/chrome/toolkit.jar!/
content/global/netError.xhtml
Line Number 60, Column 12: <title>&loadError.label;</title>
-----------^

When having a look at that file, it points to chrome://global/locale/netError.dtd,
which apparently cannot be found. Where on my file system should this
file be located in order to have Prism find it?

If you need further information about this, please let me know.

Thanks
Volker

Paul Dorman

Jun 30, 2010, 9:28:31 PM6/30/10
to mozilla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Volker,

I encountered a similar error previously. Can you confirm that the following line exists in the netError.dtd (inside the prism/chrome/en-US.jar file):

<!ENTITY loadError.label "Problem loading page">

If it isn't there (it should be the second <!ENTITY line in the file), you can either add it yourself and see if that fixes the problem, or upgrade Prism. I have 1.0b4+svn20100 on my system which has the line above.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Paul