SDK 0.2 release plan changes

Myk Melez

Mar 16, 2010, 8:20:20 PM3/16/10
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

At the weekly meeting today, we decided to ship Jetpack SDK 0.2 a few days early. We aren't going to land any of the high-level APIs for the release, as we were overoptimistic about the time required to implement them and their dependencies on other work.

So we're going to refocus the release around the set of important bug fixes we've landed (or will land) since 0.1, in particular around running the SDK on Windows, and release after a few more days of bug fixing.

We now plan to freeze the tree on Thursday, March 18 at midnight, build and release the first release candidate on Friday, March 19, and release the final version on Friday, March 26.

If you know of any bugs that you think are critical to fix for this release and haven't yet been addressed, please let us know! You can either tell us here in this forum or file a bug report.

Regards,
-myk