0.6, 0.7, and 0.8 plans

Myk Melez

Jun 27, 2010, 5:01:38 AM6/27/10
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
Rocketeers!

Based on our conversation in last week's weekly meeting and some
thinking about our proposed year and Q3 goals, I put together draft
plans for the SDK 0.6, 0.7, and 0.8 releases:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Jetpack/SDK/0.6
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Jetpack/SDK/0.7
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Jetpack/SDK/0.8

Keep in mind that these are early drafts, not final plans. That's more
obvious for the 0.7 and 0.8 plans, which are not much more than
schedules at this point. But it's true for the 0.6 plan as well.

Are these the right set of things to be working on? What's missing,
there that shouldn't be, or in the wrong place?

-myk

jelford

Jun 28, 2010, 9:58:02 AM6/28/10
to mozilla-labs-jetpack
I don't see any plans for basic user interaction - the
nsIPromptService etc.
Is there a reason this hasn't made its way in yet? It seems fairly
basic;
maybe I'm not searching jetpack-core hard enough? At the moment, I'm
just
using my own package to provide growl/notificationBar items, which
introduces
yet another dependency.

(If anyone's desperate to get notifications going - anything provided
by nsIPromptService,
growl notifications, or notificationBar items - message me and I can
send you the package.
I even did some documentation for it...)

Someone please tell me if I'm a bit wide of the mark, as I'm new here,

- jelford

On Jun 27, 10:01 am, Myk Melez <m...@mozilla.org> wrote:
>   Rocketeers!
>
> Based on our conversation in last week's weekly meeting and some
> thinking about our proposed year and Q3 goals, I put together draft
> plans for the SDK 0.6, 0.7, and 0.8 releases:
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Jetpack/SDK/0.6https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Jetpack/SDK/0.7https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Jetpack/SDK/0.8

Jake

Jun 28, 2010, 1:18:12 PM6/28/10
to mozilla-labs-jetpack
in 0.6 i'd love to see some tutorials or example code in the
documention, similar to what is present in the widget module.

i would also love to see an example of how to create my own use
interface (i think, using XUL), as i have never built an extension the
old-fashioned-way