Plans for testing SDK repacks

Dave Townsend

Aug 31, 2011, 1:44:34 PM8/31/11
to mozilla-la...@googlegroups.com
As we get close to the release of SDK 1.1 we are working on thorough testing of the repackaging service that will convert existing add-ons on AMO using SDK 1.0 to use the new SDK automatically. We plan to do the following today on staging servers to verify that the process goes as smoothly as we expect:

  • dbuc will upload some test add-ons with altered versions of SDK 1.0 and other appropriate tests to the staged AMO
  • dbuc will ensure that the staged add-on builder has a copy of the current SDK 1.1rc1
  • clouserw will trigger the repackaging and provide logs and copies of the emails that would have been sent to developers to the Jetpack team for verification
Once we've completed these steps we'll be doing manual testing on the updated versions of the add-ons generated and we'd like anyone who has time to help us do that. We'll post with links on how you can help after the process is complete.