Eid-ul Fitr 2005 Photos at Community Mosque

Shahid

Jan 6, 2007, 7:53:11 AM1/6/07
to mos...@googlegroups.com
Assalamu Alaikum,

I have uploaded the photos for everyone to view.  I know these photos are over a year old but I really enjoy looking at them and wanted to share them with everyone.  Shukran.  Your comments are welcomed.

Walaikum Assalam
Shahid

EUNICE TRIGGER SAUNDERS

Jan 6, 2007, 7:59:48 AM1/6/07
to mos...@googlegroups.com
Very nice photos! When is your Mosque Open? I am lively to convert but I do not know very much about the Islam customs. I have a friend in Algeria which is Moslem and I have ordered the Koran to study. Please advise? Eunice

Shahid <shah...@gmail.com> wrote:
'Monotype Corsiva'">eunice....@era.com

http://mail.yahoo.com

Shahid

Jan 6, 2007, 8:14:23 AM1/6/07
to mos...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eunice, I am very happy to hear that you considering to come to Islam.  The best time to visit the mosque is on Fridays between 1pm - 3pm.  This is the time for Jummah (Friday) prayers and you will see a lot of people around.  Other than that anyone can come to the mosque at any time to make (salat).  If there is anything I can do to assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your comments on the photos. I appreciate it.

Shahid

EUNICE TRIGGER SAUNDERS

Jan 6, 2007, 8:24:07 AM1/6/07
to mos...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shahid,
Thank you very much for letting me know that I am welcome! I can not come on Fridays as I work in those hours. But other times are good. Your Mosque is open at any time? I hear it is proper for a woman to be covered from head to foot in order to enter the Mosque? I do not know where to look for a cloth for the head. Excuse me, I am very ignorant of this Islam but I have read some things concerning Islam that makes me want very much to learn more! Excuse me also if I ask....who are you? Are you man or woman? Are you the leader of this Mosque? Does your Mosque have classes? Pardon my questions I do not intend to offend, please!
Thank you, Eunice

Shahid

Jan 6, 2007, 9:07:41 AM1/6/07
to mos...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eunice,
If you are unable to come on Friday, then consider coming on Sunday around 11am.  There will be many people there.  If you tell anyone that you are tying to learn more about Islam, I am sure they will be happy to assist.  Other than that the mosque is open from morning prayers (6:00am) till night prayers (9:00pm).  During this time people come to the mosque to make salat (prayers) and leave.  As for the proper dress for a woman while in the mosque, you are correct and there are many sisters who would be more than happy to assist you with that.  There small is a community member store on mosque premises that sells the cloth for head and its called Hijab.

I am not a mosque leader.  I am a man and a community member just like any other person in the community.  There are many sisters at the mosque who can assist you in any way you like.  I am very happy that you have chosen to learn more about Islam.  There classes at the mosque for children as well as adults.  Also none of your questions are offending, so please don't hisitate to ask more questions.

Thanks

EUNICE TRIGGER SAUNDERS

Jan 7, 2007, 12:16:47 AM1/7/07
to mos...@googlegroups.com
Hello Shahid,
Thank you for your answers! I appreciate very much. I will come to your Mosque on Sunday and see this place. I drove by on Sabbath and saw where it is. It is very pretty building and not hard to find. Can you tell me who is the Chief of this Mosque? I see your name is name of Arabic Martyr are you Arabian? I am lively to join one of your clases if the time is correct for me. Can you say me the times of these clases? Again Thank You! Eunice

Shahid <shah...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://mail.yahoo.com face="Arial Narrow" color=#00007f size=4>eunice....@era.com

EUNICE TRIGGER SAUNDERS

Jan 7, 2007, 12:54:01 PM1/7/07
to mos...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Shahid,
I came today, Sunday at 10:55 AM to your Mosque. I stay there until 11:30 AM. No one greeted me or spoke to me in any manner. When I first arrived I saw one woman which was removing some items from the trunk of a car and then she disappeared into a back door of the Mosque. I entered in through the front door to a small lobby. There I saw that people have removed their shoes so I did likewise. In the main hall or sanctuary I saw that there were children in classes that were learning Arabic. Also I saw your Chief Masjid which was there speaking to another man. I did not enter into sanctuary but waited in the lobby for someone to greet me and invite me in or say me what or where I should be. I enjoyed very much listening to the children and their teacher learning the Arabic language of Allah! I was very nervous and did not wish to offend any customs of your Mosque, so I remained in the lobby and listened and waited. Your Chief Masjid and his aide came out to the lobby and went down stairs. Your Chief saw me and only nodded to me, he did not speak and I did not impose myself on him or anyone. There came another man who went down the stairs and up again several times. He did not speak also. He remained a little while in the lobby with me but we had no conversation. After a time I left because there seemed no other way to settle my situation. I have been to many temples, churches, countries and places in my life and am acquainted with many cultures, however I do not understand yours very well? Is it custom for strangers among you to not even be noticed or acknowledge at all? I am not offended or upset, however I would very much like to know what is the procedure or customs that i should follow for the next visit? Perhaps there is a better way? I would very much like to be a student of Islam........please show me the path to this end.
Thank You! Eunice

Shahid <shah...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://mail.yahoo.com color=#033d21>Eunice M Saunders, Broker
ERA Premier Realty
336-345-4149 or 336-794-8107

Shahid

Jan 7, 2007, 7:26:41 PM1/7/07
to mos...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eunice, I was at the mosque today from 10:30 - 3:00pm.  I am sorry that no one greeted you at the mosque.  Most people are busy with Sunday school as you saw.  Also another reason could be that it is very common to see new faces at the Masjid because people who are traveling from different parts of the country just stop by and make salat (prayer) and leave.  It is okay to introduce yourself to someone and let them know that you are trying to learn about Islam.  I am sure they will direct you to the right person.  If you like you can start by saying, Assalamu Alaikum, (meaning, peace and blessings be upon you) but it is not necessary to start with this if you don't feel comfortable saying it.  Also there are free copies of the Quran available at the mosque.  I think I will be at the mosque next Sunday and I will be more than happy to guide you.  I will let you know if I won't be able to make on Sunday but most likely I will be there.  Please let me know if you are planning to come by next Sunday.  Thanks.

Shahid

EUNICE TRIGGER SAUNDERS

Jan 7, 2007, 9:20:27 PM1/7/07
to mos...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shahid and All,
It is not necessary to apologize! I was not offended in any way! I was very nervous and shy so the blame is mine. I will come again next Sunday and also one family has contacted me and has agreed to allow me to speak to and ask questions of the lady in the family. All is well. I have ordered a Quran and am expecting it to be delivered any day. Thank you for the offer of one though! I am very pleased to be in contact with all of you and to begin this process of learning. I am a very patient person and understanding. My main concern was not to offend anyone and I hope that I have accomplished that at least? I do think that I need to find a way to get the proper clothes to wear for the Mosque, and I will ask this one lady concerning this. Thank you all for your tolerance and understanding! Eunice