moq hangout 1

Daniel Cazzulino

Mar 3, 2012, 6:29:14 PM3/3/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
I have picked "lunes 5 de marzo de 2012 23:00
(America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires)" as final option(s) for the Doodle
poll "moq hangout 1".

Follow this link to open the poll:
http://doodle.com/cc4vrn4tkdctm7i5

Enviado desde mi iPad

Damian Hickey

Mar 5, 2012, 4:15:13 PM3/5/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
Daniel,

unfortunately I can't this evenings hangout as it'll be 2am in my timezone and I have a baby that gets up at ~5:30am :)

Some brief thoughts for this evening's hangout...

First it's great to hear that Moq is being revived. Its one of the more popular packages on NuGet for a reason. I've a significant codebase that uses it so my interest is vested. ;)

Moving to GitHub (or any DVCS) is a good step. Might I suggest that the first thing to do is to migrate existing code base and documentation to GitHub just so some of us can get working on maintaining the existing package (such as updating DynamicProxy etc). These are the sort of tasks I'd be happy to start chipping at straight away

As to a V5 API and a core framework, would love to hear your thoughts on it. I strongly suspect though, as you are the primary visionary, you'll be doing a lot of the main work there.

Can the hangout be recorded?

Cheers,

Damian

Daniel Cazzulino

Mar 5, 2012, 6:26:34 PM3/5/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
I'll be recording the hangout for sure, as well as future coding sessions I might do. Had this idea of "the making of moq" videos ;).

Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely try to find the time sooner than later to migrate the SVN repository over. Does anyone have experience with that? I could hand over that responsibility too ...

/kzu

--
Daniel Cazzulino | Developer Lead | XML MVP | Clarius Consulting | +1 425.329.3471

Erik Dietrich

Mar 5, 2012, 9:12:27 PM3/5/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
Made a go of it, but I couldn't actually find the hangout to join.  I'd never used google hangouts before and just assumed it'd be simple since I already had a G+ account.  I guess I figured wrong -- I installed the plugin and see that I have the capability, but I have no idea how to find and join the actual hangout.

Sorry to be a no-show.

Daniel Cazzulino

Mar 5, 2012, 9:19:08 PM3/5/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
Sorry everyone. It's tomorrow, same time:

#moq first hangout to happen next Tuesday, March 6, 2012 11:00 PM GMT-3:doodle.com/cc4vrn4tkdctm7…. tune in atkzu.to/kzuplus

/kzu

--
Daniel Cazzulino | Developer Lead | XML MVP | Clarius Consulting | +1 425.329.3471

Erik Dietrich

Mar 5, 2012, 9:28:55 PM3/5/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
Ah, okay.  Sounds good.

Hugo Estrada

Mar 8, 2012, 8:58:32 AM3/8/12
to Moq Discussions
So what was the result of the hangout? I am interested to know if the
issue of git vs mercurial was resolved, and now. Also, to know what
else was discussed/agreed during the hangout.

On Mar 5, 9:28 pm, Erik Dietrich <ebd73...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> >https://twitter.com/#!/kzu/status/176774310084616192
>
> > #*moq* <https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23moq> first hangout to happen
> > next Tuesday, March 6, 2012 11:00 PM GMT-3:doodle.com/cc4vrn4tkdctm7…<http://t.co/gdTmdseO>.
> > tune in atkzu.to/kzuplus <http://t.co/0X8Ncb99>
>
> > /kzu
>
> > --
> > Daniel Cazzulino | Developer Lead | XML MVP | Clarius Consulting | +1
> >425.329.3471begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            425.329.3471
>
> > On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 23:12, Erik Dietrich <ebd73...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Made a go of it, but I couldn't actually find the hangout to join.  I'd
> >> never used google hangouts before and just assumed it'd be simple since I
> >> already had a G+ account.  I guess I figured wrong -- I installed the
> >> plugin and see that I have the capability, but I have no idea how to find

Daniel Cazzulino

Mar 8, 2012, 9:21:20 AM3/8/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
Notes here:  https://github.com/Moq/moq/wiki/Hangouts-Intro

We decided on GitHub, and its wiki and issue tracker. Not totally convinced by the wiki though... doesn't even allow comments by readers :S

/kzu

--
Daniel Cazzulino | Developer Lead | XML MVP | Clarius Consulting | +1 425.329.3471

Hugo Estrada

Mar 8, 2012, 9:39:51 AM3/8/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
I was able to modify the wiki. Yet it does sort of suck that you don't have the Discussion tab that wikipedia has for meta discussion on the content. One easy solution for comments would be to add a comments section at the bottom. We could also just have a straight comment page, but it would be harder to manage.

Daniel Cazzulino

Mar 8, 2012, 10:04:36 AM3/8/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
Good test. I'm thinking that comments at the bottom are harder to correlate to specific content too (say you're commenting on a specific bullet in there?). Maybe we mark comments by further indending inline and prepending text with "[alias]:"? (i.e. kzu: I think this may work.). Maybe @alias so that it stands out as a comment?

Brian J. Cardiff

Mar 8, 2012, 10:21:26 AM3/8/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
You may switch to github-pages instead of wiki and use a services like disqus or similar.
Github pages can be written in jekyll.

Brian J. Cardiff
bcardiff(?)gmail.com
.

Daniel Cazzulino

Mar 8, 2012, 1:50:56 PM3/8/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com

Is disqus good?

/kzu from mobile

Brian J. Cardiff

Mar 8, 2012, 2:10:56 PM3/8/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
never tried. but I was referring to those kind of solutions.
a disqus alternative is: http://www.livefyre.com/, but again. never tried.

Brian J. Cardiff
bcardiff(?)gmail.com
.

Hugo Estrada

Mar 8, 2012, 2:35:46 PM3/8/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
Disqus is nice. They give you a nice admin page to moderate comments.

Erik Dietrich

Mar 9, 2012, 12:55:46 AM3/9/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I missed the re-scheduled hangout -- had a bit of a cold and went to bed pretty early.

Is there a regularly scheduled hangout going forward, or is there a next one scheduled, at least?

By the way, I'm Erik, and I've been using Moq extensively for a while to the point where I was starting to write some extensions for it.  Seeing that more development efforts were in the works though, I figured it would make more sense to help with the real thing and contribute however I could.

Erik

Daniel Cazzulino

Mar 9, 2012, 8:50:32 AM3/9/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eric. Yes, we'll have another one next week. Will send the doodle poll soon. Need to figure out what next fri/sat/sun look like for me

/kzu

--
Daniel Cazzulino | Developer Lead | XML MVP | Clarius Consulting | +1 425.329.3471

Erik Dietrich

Mar 15, 2012, 11:13:24 PM3/15/12
to moq...@googlegroups.com
Did I miss the boat on this, or is the date and time of the next hangout still to be determined?