Monodoc status Report #6

Mario Sopena

Aug 21, 2005, 4:54:57 AM8/21/05
to mono...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

finally I'm at home again and I can spend time in Mono (I was in
Germany for a year and last week I return to Spain) so I was for some
time out-of-business.

Work done this week:

I've made two little patches, one for changing the font size that I
will commit today (because nobody in the monodoc list seems to have
objections) and one for showing the number of contributions being made
to monodoc at the home page, that I will send today. With that one I
have one problem that consist of obtaining the address of the
contribution so I can put that a list of links to the pages where the
contributions are made. In the contributions.xml that info is not
given directly and I'm yet figuring out how to do it.

I've changed the code of Lucene so it is now in the namescape
Monodoc.Lucene.etc... and I'm compiling Lucene inside monodoc.dll. The
two big problem faced were changing all the code to the new namespace
(I've used sed and some amount of manual changes) and the IndexReader
of monodoc colliding with the IndexReader of Lucene. Now is working
and searching again.
I wanted to send that patch yesterday, but I was tweaking it to
obtain better search results and introduced a bug I'm trying to
resolve now.

Work for the next week:

Send the search patch as soon as possible and start working in
downloading new documentation.

miguel de icaza

Aug 23, 2005, 8:59:52 PM8/23/05
to mono...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

  I've changed the code of Lucene so it is now in the namescape
Monodoc.Lucene.etc.. . and I'm compiling Lucene inside monodoc.dll. The

two big problem faced were changing all the code to the new namespace
(I've used sed and some amount of manual changes) and the IndexReader
of monodoc colliding with the IndexReader of Lucene. Now is working
and searching again.

Is there any reason not to just keep lucene on its namespace?  Or is this needed because we are gac-ing monodoc.dll?

Mario Sopena

Aug 23, 2005, 9:41:48 PM8/23/05
to mono...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On 8/24/05, miguel de icaza <miguel....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> > I've changed the code of Lucene so it is now in the namescape
> > Monodoc.Lucene.etc.. . and I'm compiling Lucene inside monodoc.dll. The
> > two big problem faced were changing all the code to the new namespace
> > (I've used sed and some amount of manual changes) and the IndexReader
> > of monodoc colliding with the IndexReader of Lucene. Now is working
> > and searching again.
>
> Is there any reason not to just keep lucene on its namespace? Or is this
> needed because we are gac-ing monodoc.dll?
Yes.

I've though that if an application that uses monodoc.dll loads a
library with lucene, it will be a conflict between the lucene in
monodoc.dll and the one in the library. Am I wrong?

That way we make Lucene totally private to monodoc.