Looking for someone to takeover django-mongoadmin

Derek Payton

Aug 18, 2011, 2:09:43 PM8/18/11
to MongoEngine Users
Hi all,

A while back I wrote a little app called django-mongoadmin so that I'd
have a basic CRUD interface to my MongoEngine models. I'm not
currently using MongoDB in any projects and haven't had time to
properly django-mongoadmin, but a couple people seem to have found it
useful.

I hate seeing useful projects stagnate, and would like very much for
the code not to go to waste, so... Is anyone interested in taking over
ownership of the project?

It needs to be made Django 1.3 compatible, and (IMO, but not
necessarily) should be updated to take advantage of class-based views.
There's currently 4 open tickets and 1 pull request that I haven't had
time to test and pull.

https://github.com/dmpayton/django-mongoadmin

Thanks!

--Derek

Wilson Jr

Aug 18, 2011, 3:35:45 PM8/18/11
to mongoeng...@googlegroups.com
django-mongoforms is not compatible to future mongoengine(0.5),
please check: https://github.com/wpjunior/django-mongotools (is
compatible with future mongoengine)

see a exemple of action:
https://github.com/wpjunior/django-mongotools/blob/master/examples/blogprj/apps/blog/views.py

Derek Payton

Aug 18, 2011, 7:53:32 PM8/18/11
to MongoEngine Users
Thanks Wilson, I was unaware of that django-mongoforms was future-
incompatible.

django-mongotools looks like it would be an excellent foundation for
an overhaul of django-mongoadmin. Perhaps it might be best to
deprecate django-mongoadmin in favor of a possible mongotools.admin
module?

Cheers,
--Derek

On Aug 18, 12:35 pm, Wilson Jr <wilsonpjun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> django-mongoforms is not compatible to future mongoengine(0.5),
> please check:https://github.com/wpjunior/django-mongotools(is
> compatible with future mongoengine)
>
> see a exemple of action:https://github.com/wpjunior/django-mongotools/blob/master/examples/bl...

Carlos Alberto Flores

Aug 18, 2011, 9:47:20 PM8/18/11
to mongoeng...@googlegroups.com

When I found your fork + divertion from django-mongoforms this weekend I was pleased to see it. My upcoming app will really benefit from it and the comunity too!
Nice work Wilson!

wpjunior

Aug 18, 2011, 11:00:01 PM8/18/11
to mongoeng...@googlegroups.com
I added you to django-mongotools commiter

let us unite our efforts :-D

Derek Payton

Aug 22, 2011, 3:03:50 PM8/22/11
to MongoEngine Users
Hi Wilson,

I appreciate the offer and would love to take you up on it, but I
simply don't have the time or motivation required to (re-)build and
maintain a MongoEngine admin anytime soon. I hope that someone is able
to step in and flush out a mongotools.admin module, and in the mean
time I've added a deprecation notice to django-mongoadmin pointing to
this thread.

Best of luck!

--Derek