GridFS C# stream videos on Webpage

Sunil Jha

Apr 9, 2016, 3:31:50 PM4/9/16
to mongodb-user
Can i stream videos from MongoDB (in GridFS) onto my webpage?
and if yes then how can i do this using C# driver.
Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin Adistambha

Apr 20, 2016, 3:48:13 AM4/20/16
to mongodb-user

Hi Sunil,

Can i stream videos from MongoDB (in GridFS) onto my webpage?

GridFS is a convention to store files larger than 16 MB in MongoDB, and any interpretation of the contents of the stored files is left to the application.

The C# driver allows you to read files in GridFS as a stream (with more examples in the Downloading Files page), but your application code has to handle other parts of the streaming and playback mechanism, such as:

  • buffering
  • reassembling the video packets at the receiver
  • seek capabilities, if needed
  • etc.

You might find more information regarding GridFS in the following pages:

Best regards,
Kevin