MongoDB 1.8.0-rc0 Released

Eliot Horowitz

Feb 23, 2011, 5:11:49 PM2/23/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, mongo...@googlegroups.com, mongodb-...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB 1.8.0-rc0 is now available for download.
1.8 will be the culmination of the 1.7.x development cycle.
We hope to release 1.8.0 in the next week or two.

Full Release Notes for 1.8 can be found here:
http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/1.8+Release+Notes

Downloads: www.mongodb.org/downloads
Change Log Since 1.7.6:
http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER/fixforversion/10245

Please continue helping us test to make 1.8.0 a great release,
-Eliot

Eliot

Feb 23, 2011, 5:18:25 PM2/23/11
to mongodb-user

oferfort

Feb 23, 2011, 6:09:52 PM2/23/11
to mongodb-user
thanks guys, been waiting for the 1.8 release :-)
a quick question,
if i have a cluster with 3 replica sets, can i upgrade the servers one
by one? or is it a problem to have some servers with the new version
and some with the old? (we are using 1.6.5 now)

On Feb 24, 12:18 am, Eliot <eliothorow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fixed linkhttp://www.mongodb.org/downloads

Kristina Chodorow

Feb 23, 2011, 6:12:48 PM2/23/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, oferfort
You have to upgrade your slaves and then the master.  See http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Upgrading+to+1.8.0.

oferfort

Feb 23, 2011, 6:16:04 PM2/23/11
to mongodb-user
thanks, just the upgrade document i was looking for.

On Feb 24, 1:12 am, Kristina Chodorow <krist...@10gen.com> wrote:
> You have to upgrade your slaves and then the master.  Seehttp://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Upgrading+to+1.8.0.

Roger Binns

Feb 23, 2011, 7:15:18 PM2/23/11