Character Encoding Problem

Amir

Aug 10, 2010, 2:31:38 AM8/10/10
to mongodb-user
Dear users,

I have two different servers with Cent OS. I've installed mongoDB on
both of them so I can say that I have used the same configurations.
After inserting into one of my collection, in one of the servers only,
upon any query I get the following exception:

User Exception 10213:non ascii character detected
error:non ascii character detected

On both servers when starting the mongod service, I get the following
warning:

Starting mongod: warning: some regex utf8 things will not work. pcre
build doesn't have --enable-unicode-properties

It's kinda strange for me that this warning is seen on both server,
but the error is seen on one of them only, any idea?

/Amir

Kyle Banker

Aug 10, 2010, 8:55:56 AM8/10/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible that you inserted some non-UTF8 string? Most of the drivers check for this. Which driver are you using?

Amir

Aug 10, 2010, 9:54:14 AM8/10/10
to mongodb-user
Well, I found the source of problem. I needed to rebuild Spider Monkey
with UTF-8 support.
I am using Java driver and I am migrating data from Postgres to Mongo.