[mongodb-user] MongoDB 1.4.2 (stable) Released

1 view

Eliot Horowitz

Apr 27, 2010, 1:05:16 PM4/27/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, mongodb-...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB 1.4.2 is available for download.
This just contains bug fixes from 1.4.1
We recommend all users of 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 upgrade to 1.4.2.

Changes:
- $ positional operator and $set replication issue [0]
- invalid extent size and inefficiency [1]
- maxDistance fix for geo search
- extraneous file descriptor for log no longer left open

Downloads: http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Downloads
Change Log: http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER/fixforversion/10155

As always, please let us know of any issues,
-Eliot

[0] http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-1052
[1] http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-1034

Michael Schurter

Apr 27, 2010, 1:27:43 PM4/27/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Eliot Horowitz
<elioth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> - invalid extent size and inefficiency [1]

Is this just an inefficiency or is their potential data corruption? I
don't quite understand the JIRA ticket, and I'm trying to judge how
urgently we need to upgrade our production servers.

Eliot Horowitz

Apr 27, 2010, 1:30:26 PM4/27/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Its not data corruption.
If you have never seen an assert like that, then its not urgent.
If you do see that assert, you won't be able to insert any new data
unless you upgrade.
Very rare though.