REST or HTTP interface ?

Thibaut Barrère

Nov 25, 2009, 8:58:24 AM11/25/09
to mongodb-user
Hello,

this has been asked a while back but maybe there are further
developments available.

Is there some way to expose MongoDB via REST/HTTP (either simple or
complicated queries) ?

Ideally I'd be looking for some Ruby code I can integrate into an
existing Rails app, but any inspiration will do.

cheers,

Thibaut
--
http://www.learnivore.com

Thibaut Barrère

Nov 25, 2009, 9:10:37 AM11/25/09
to mongodb-user
OK so there is some experimental REST interface documented here:
http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Http+Interface

Is it here to stay most likely ? (raw idea ?) So that I can see if I
need to develop something on top of that (simple proxying via Rails
maybe).

-- Thibaut

Eliot Horowitz

Nov 25, 2009, 9:14:20 AM11/25/09
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
We're not entirely sure what we're going to do with that.
I still think the best solution is a stand-alone rest layer written in
a python/ruby/php that sits side by side with the db.
I think that will scale better and be easier to manage then having it embedded.
It'll also be easier to handle comlpex security roles that way.

Kyle Banker

Nov 25, 2009, 9:39:46 AM11/25/09
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Here are a couple, though I can't comment on production-readiness:

http://github.com/sbellity/cliclac
http://github.com/djsun/sinatra_resource

Thibaut Barrère

Nov 25, 2009, 9:46:07 AM11/25/09
to mongodb-user
Hi,

@Elliot - thanks for the feedback. Yes I'll use a simple application
wrapper on top of regular mongo_mapper calls then. Thanks!
@Kyle - thanks for the links!

-- Thibaut