Tail oplog

Mike Brocious

Jan 27, 2011, 5:12:46 PM1/27/11
to mongodb-user
Hi,

I'm looking to tail the oplog to send documents to a search engine.
Couple of questions:

1) Are you aware of anybody else who has done this (preferably in
Java)? Would be great to get a running start at it rather than
starting from scratch. I haven't found anything yet.

2) In the event that the master fails, how does the process that's
tailing the oplog know which machine to switch to?

Thanks.

Mike

Eliot Horowitz

Jan 27, 2011, 5:31:33 PM1/27/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
There are a couple floating around.

A basic java oplog reader is here:
https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-java-driver/blob/master/examples/ReadOplog.java

Wordnik published a backup system using the oplog with java:
https://github.com/wordnik/wordnik-oss

-Eliot