Community size

Aaron

Apr 21, 2011, 12:51:55 PM4/21/11
to mongodb-user
Are there any metrics regarding MongoDB community size? How many
active contributers? How widely used? How big are the biggest
deployments? How many bugs? How quickly are they resolved?

Scott Hernandez

Apr 21, 2011, 1:13:04 PM4/21/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
You can get most of those stats from the github repositories, the jira
issue tracker, and trolling the list archives.

The community seems large; There are many patches from users, and bug
reports which are fixed fairly quick based on severity.

Take a look for yourself and let us know what you see :)

Meghan Gill

Apr 22, 2011, 12:21:45 AM4/22/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Here are a few things that I think are interesting...

3,000+ messages each month on the user forum
http://markmail.org/search/?q=mongodb#query:mongodb%20list%3Acom.googlegroups.mongodb-user+page:1+state:facets

100,000+ downloads/month

Public production deployments
http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Production+Deployments

Lots of job postings for MongoDB devs
http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=mongodb&l=

User groups and events
There were 500+ people at MongoSV, we expect a similar turnout for
MongoSF, and there are user groups in many cities. e.g. the NY MUG has
over 700 members
http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/MongoDB+User+Groups+%28MUGs%29
10gen.com/events

Hope this helps!

Meghan

Meghan Gill

Apr 23, 2011, 3:43:54 PM4/23/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Max actually posted something interesting about this as well:

http://maxschireson.com/2011/04/22/measuring-the-success-of-open-source-projects-a-case-study-around-mongodb/

--
MongoSF is on May 24 - www.mongosf.com

MongoNYC is on June 7 - http://www.10gen.com/conferences/mongonyc2011