MongoDB 1.3.5 (1.4 rc2) Released

Eliot Horowitz

Mar 23, 2010, 12:18:42 AM3/23/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, mongodb-...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB 1.3.5 is available for download.
1.3.5 is also 1.4 rc2, and is hopefully the final release in
preparation for 1.4.0
This release is bug fixes and cleaning from 1.3.4

Some notable changes:

- http://localhost:28017/_status to get serverStatus via http
- geo 2d fixes
- sharding alpha 3 - notably 2 phase commit on config servers

Downloads: http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Downloads
Change Log: http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER/fixforversion/10141

We'd appreciate all the help we can get doing some final testing.
Everyone's help has been great so far.
We're hoping to get 1.4.0 out this week, so almost there.

As always, let us know of any problems or concerns,
-Eliot

Buyung Bahari

Mar 23, 2010, 12:28:20 AM3/23/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, mongodb-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks eliot, this is great improvement
buyung_bahari.vcf

Ananth Deodhar

Mar 23, 2010, 12:29:52 AM3/23/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eliot!

Karan

Mar 23, 2010, 4:23:33 AM3/23/10
to mongodb-user
Thanks Eliot! I'm very excited about the geo changes to mongodb. I'm
curious, what's the roadmap for adding projections support? While I
know full GIS support may not be an option in the near future, i'm
specifically interested in WSG84 system (SRID 4326) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WGS84.

Thanks,

Karan