Mongo Index Issue

Sougata Pal.

Aug 30, 2011, 12:30:41 PM8/30/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, Stephen Kelbrick, [TRIVIAN] Markku Nikkanen
The following query returns result perfectly.

$author = 'Some Author';
$book_list = $var->MongoDB->DBCache->find(array(
  'value.specification.0.info.0.key'      =>  'author',
  'value.specification.0.info.0.value'    =>  $author,
))->sort(array(
  'created'    =>  -1,
))->limit(10);

Now if I create index on keys "value.specification.0.info.0.key" , "value.specification.0.info.0.value" the query returns no results.

But we must do index on those keys as we have 3M entries on collections, the query takes forever to execute without index. All the comparison are case sensitive & exact so we don't need regex for now.

Please help us, as this a immediate bottleneck to our application.

--
Thanks
Sougata Pal.

Kyle Banker

Aug 30, 2011, 2:01:20 PM8/30/11
to mongodb-user
This may be a server bug. I've created a case you can track:
https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-3722

In the meantime, can you share your data model? I'm pretty sure that
there's a more efficient way of modeling the data and building the
index you want.

Sougata Pal.

Aug 30, 2011, 2:04:34 PM8/30/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, [TRIVIAN] Markku Nikkanen, Stephen Kelbrick
Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply. I will track this bug for the any updates as this a urgent issue for us.

Thanks
Sougata Pal.

Kyle Banker

Aug 30, 2011, 2:08:33 PM8/30/11
to mongodb-user
Great.

As I was saying, we can probably find a way around this if you can
share your data model.

Tony Hannan

Aug 30, 2011, 2:38:03 PM8/30/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
It turns out this is a duplicate of SERVER-2902 which was fixed in 1.9.2. (2.0.0-rc)

Sougata Pal.

Aug 31, 2011, 1:34:17 AM8/31/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the info.

Sougata Pal.

Sep 1, 2011, 10:11:28 AM9/1/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, Stephen Kelbrick, [TRIVIAN] Markku Nikkanen
Hello,

We have an serious issue after upgrading mongo 1.8.2(64bit) to 1.9.2(64bit). Mongo Indexes don't perform well as previous version. The CPU usage is abnormally high now after upgrade, but all the indexes are exactly same as previous.

Please let me know whether what should I do ?

Kyle Banker

Sep 1, 2011, 10:39:00 AM9/1/11
to mongodb-user
The best thing you can do is to provide as many details as possible so
that we can reproduce the issue. Which indexes? Which queries?