map/reduce tasks that might require external libraries

Rajarshi

Feb 7, 2010, 6:13:40 PM2/7/10
to mongodb-user
Hi, I've been exploring the use of mongo-db for cheminformatics
applications and one of the things that appealed to me was the use of
map/reduce for queries.

However, is it correct that map/reduce queries must use Javascript
only? I have code in external java libraries that would be useful have
within the query. Is there anyway they can be accessed in a MongoDB
query?

I suppose the more general question is - is there any equivalent to
RDBMS 'cartridges' in the MongoDB world?

Thanks,
Rajarshi

Eliot Horowitz

Feb 7, 2010, 8:24:38 PM2/7/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
There isn't a way right now but if there is a lot of interest isn't
that hard.