C# driver version 1.1 released

Robert Stam

Jun 16, 2011, 11:10:37 PM6/16/11
to mongodb-user, mongodb...@googlegroups.com
Version 1.1 of the official C# driver is now available.

There are a number of improvements and bug fixes since the 1.0
version. There are a few cases where breaking changes were made, but
they are mostly low level and we expect that very few of you will be
affected by them. In any case, be aware of this when switching to
version 1.1 and make sure you have time to resolve any compilation
errors that may arise and to test your application. We will monitor
this group even more closely the next few days in case any of you have
any questions. See the release notes for details of what's new in
version 1.1.

The C# driver is available for download in source or binary form (.msi
installer or .zip file) from:

http://github.com/mongodb/mongo-csharp-driver
http://github.com/mongodb/mongo-csharp-driver/downloads

Note: if you download the zip file, depending on how you unzip the
file you may need to "Unblock" the help file. You can do so by right
clicking on the "CSharpDriverDocs.chm" file and selecting Properties,
and then clicking on the "Unblock" button. You will need to "Unblock"
the help file if you see the message "Navigation to webpage was
canceled" where the help text would normally appear.

The C# driver is also available on NuGet at:

http://www.nuget.org/List/Packages/mongocsharpdriver

Online documentation is available at:

http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/CSharp+Language+Center

Note: the online documentation will be updated to v1.1 over the next
several days.

The API documentation will be available online soon at:

http://api.mongodb.org/csharp/

Bugs and suggestions can be submitted at:

http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/CSHARP

Questions can be posted on the mongodb-user group:

http://groups.google.com/group/mongodb-user

We monitor this group and will be happy to answer any questions you
post here.

Thanks for all the helpful feedback and contributions we have been
receiving!

Robert Stam
10gen Inc.

Bryan Migliorisi

Jun 17, 2011, 12:58:01 PM6/17/11
to mongodb-user
Excellent work Robert!

Anywhere where we can see the change log (specifically the breaking
changes in this release)?

--Bryan

On Jun 16, 11:10 pm, Robert Stam <rstam10...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Version 1.1 of the official C# driver is now available.
>
> There are a number of improvements and bug fixes since the 1.0
> version. There are a few cases where breaking changes were made, but
> they are mostly low level and we expect that very few of you will be
> affected by them. In any case, be aware of this when switching to
> version 1.1 and make sure you have time to resolve any compilation
> errors that may arise and to test your application. We will monitor
> this group even more closely the next few days in case any of you have
> any questions. See the release notes for details of what's new in
> version 1.1.
>
> The C# driver is available for download in source or binary form (.msi
> installer or .zip file) from:
>
> http://github.com/mongodb/mongo-csharp-driverhttp://github.com/mongodb/mongo-csharp-driver/downloads

Robert Stam

Jun 17, 2011, 1:29:08 PM6/17/11
to mongodb-user
All the details are in the release notes (which are also in github if
you want to read them before downloading):

https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-csharp-driver/blob/master/Release%20Notes%20v1.1.txt

Here's the relevant section from the release notes:

Breaking changes
Many error messages changed slightly (only breaking if you were
relying on the text of the error message)
Some methods throw a different exception (only breaking if you
were catching them)
BsonReader ReadDateTime return type changed
BsonWriter WriteDateTime parameter type changed
IBsonSerializable interface changed
IBsonSerializer interface changed
IIdGenerator interface changed
Several properties of MongoServer removed
Update builder Rename return type changed