MongoDB Development 1.5.6 (1.6RC1) Released

1 view

Eliot Horowitz

Jul 24, 2010, 1:29:18 PM7/24/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, mongodb-...@googlegroups.com, mongo...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB 1.5.6 is out and ready for testing.

We're wrapping up development for 1.6.0 and could use all the help we
can get testing this release.
Depending on what we find, we'll be targeting 1.5.7 as the final 1.5.x
version for Tuesday or Wednesday next week, and release 1.6.0 either
Friday 7/30 or Monday 8/2.

Major features to test:
- Replica Sets : ready for testing. some loose ends we're still
fixing, but testers would be greatly appreciate
- Sharding : lots of stability/maturity improvements - testers would be great

Downloads: http://www.mongodb.org/downloads
Change Log: http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER/fixforversion/10179

For issues with replica sets and sharding, the best would be to report
them to http://jira.mongodb.org/ or
http://groups.google.com/group/mongodb-dev

Thanks for the help and support,
-Eliot