Next Event - Monday Feb 1st - Trends for 2010

1 view
Skip to the first unread message

Geoff Ballinger

18 Jan 2010, 05:01:5518/01/2010
to MoMoEdinburgh
A new decade has begun and various people have been using that excuse
to review what has been done so far:

http://www.m-trends.org/2009/12/wrap-up-of-a-decade-in-mobile.html

... and to speculate about where mobile will be in 10 years time:

http://www.m-trends.org/2010/01/mobile-trends-2020.html

Our ambitions for the next meeting are a little less rarefied but we
will be trying to look a little way ahead at what themes, trends and
issues will be the key for 2010. Predictions will be encouraged, and
will be noted down for review in a years time. The balance of
interests will also be used to guide the choice of future event topics
by both MoMoEdi and Wireless Innovation.

In addition a number of companies will be attending Mobile World
Congress in Barcelona in February so there will no doubt be some
conversation about that.

We are going back to the lunchtime format with a Milano lunch at
Centotre on George Street. Slightly more expensive than before, but
with a pasta, glass of wine and espresso for £10.95 still very good
value! As usual we are handling bookings through Amiando:

http://www.amiando.com/MoMoEdiFeb10.html

I look forward to seeing you all on February the 1st.

Kind regards,

Geoff.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Geoff Ballinger

26 Jan 2010, 07:21:1126/01/2010
to MoMoEdinburgh
We have a good core of opinionated folks signed up already! Can
anybody else who plans to come along please sign-up soon - need to
give Centotre numbers by the end of the week. Look forward to seeing
folks on Monday.

Kind regards,

Geoff.

Geoff Ballinger

27 Jan 2010, 10:34:2427/01/2010
to MoMoEdinburgh
As part of the launch of their new “Happy Food Card” scheme Centotre
will kindly be providing a complimentary glass of prosecco on arrival.

Geoff.

Geoff Ballinger

2 Feb 2010, 04:04:5202/02/2010
to MoMoEdinburgh
An entertaining lunch was had by all with plenty of interesting and
varied opinions expressed! I did my best to note down a representative
subset of these and have posted them on my blog at:

http://blog.geoffballinger.co.uk/2010/02/predictions-for-2010.html

It will be interesting to review these this time next year and see how
they compare with what really happened in 2010.

Kind regards,

Geoff.