Jr. Mobile/Web UI Designer Opening- MapMyFITNESS- Austin, TX (DownTown)

Dee Dee Dial deedee.dial@mapmyfitness.com

Dec 29, 2010, 3:04:52 PM12/29/10
to MobileMonday Austin, deede...@mapmyfitness.com
Apply: car...@mapmyfitness.com

MapMyFitness is the leading provider of web and mobile applications
that help you track and achieve fitness goals, define training plans,
connect with friends, and motivate them. We are an Austin Ventures
portfolio company and recently relocated our HQ to downtown Austin. A
little more insight into our solutions, recent move and funding
status can be viewed at:
http://austinnovation.com/2010/10/29/mapmyfitness-jobs-austin/

Fun, Energized, Challenging and Flexible… Join the MapMyFitness, Inc
team today as a Entry Level Web Designer.
MapMyFitness is the leading provider of web and mobile applications
that help you track and achieve fitness goals, define training plans,
connect with friends, and motivate them.

We're hiring top-notch web designers who want to create a best of
breed user experience and visual design for the web. Shape the
direction of websites, including MapMyRUN.com, MapMyRIDE.com. Reach
our growing audience of 2.4M+ users.

This position reports to the Design Manager.

Background and Experience:
- Must have at least 1 year experience in web design.
- Strong user interface design skills, including typography, layout
and color theory.
- Maintain and provide ongoing design of the web, promos and ad
banners, seasonal content specials.
- Solid understanding of Web best practices and user centered design
- Must have a strong portfolio containing examples of professional
design work with an emphasis on Web.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail under tight
deadlines
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in the face of
changing priorities and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously and
completing projects within tight time constraints
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Work closely with internal groups such as Product Develop, UX,
Design, and Development team to drive intelligent business decisions,
assisting in interface development, navigation, page flow, graphical
layout, and controlling the user experience.

Requirements:
- Designing UI’s features for website
- Translating wireframes created by product managers into visual
designs
- Design to improve the web user experience and to meet user needs
that result from usability test findings
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator

Desirable Experience
- HTML/CSS Skills
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- OmniGraffle (Wire-framing, and workflow charts)
- Microsoft Office
- Interface Builder "XCode"
Don't let this great opportunity to work with a dynamic and energetic
group of individuals pass you by, please apply now! To be considered
for this position, please be sure to include a cover letter, resume,
salary history, and your design portfolio. MapMyFitness, Inc. is proud
to be an EEO/AAP employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
No contractors or recruiters please.