Mobile Software Developer openings at MapMyFITNESS - (Android, iPhone, BlackBerry)-- Downtown, Austin

Dee Dee Dial deedee.dial@mapmyfitness.com

Dec 29, 2010, 3:02:12 PM12/29/10
to MobileMonday Austin, deede...@mapmyfitness.com
Apply: car...@mapmyfitness.com

MapMyFitness is the leading provider of web and mobile applications
that help you track and achieve fitness goals, define training plans,
connect with friends, and motivate them. We are an Austin Ventures
portfolio company and recently relocated our HQ to downtown Austin. A
little more insight into our solutions, recent move and funding
status can be viewed at:
http://austinnovation.com/2010/10/29/mapmyfitness-jobs-austin/

We're experiencing explosive growth and are hiring top-notch mobile
software developers who want to build
amazing mobile apps for our audience. Tired of publishing apps that
only get a few hundred downloads? That doesn't happen here. Our apps
are used daily by hundreds of thousands of active users... and we're
just getting started.

We have dedicated roles for iPhone, Android, and Blackberry
developers. Show off your skills on one or more platforms. Shape the
direction of our mobile applications, including MapMyRUN and
MapMyRIDE. Design and implement location-based and social features in
the fitness domain. Reach the passionate users who have downloaded
our
apps over half a million times in the past year. Come write "fit"
code!

These positions report to the Mobile Development Manager.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement Android application and library code in Java /
Android SDK. Additional design and development for iPhone (in
Objective C) or Black Berry also a plus.
- Collaborate with mobile UI/UX designers, mobile application
developers, web service developers, and product managers.
- Optimize user happiness and business metrics based on qualitative
and quantitative feedback from end users.

QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years experience developing one or more of the following:
- Android applications in Java
- iPhone applications in Objective-C a plus
- RIM/Blackberry applications a plus
- J2ME, Symbian, or BREW experience a plus
- One or more Android,iPhone, or Blackberry apps in the respective
marketplace.
- Experience with GPS APIs or location-aware applications a plus
- Experience with RESTful web services APIs
- Experience with Twitter and Facebook APIs
- Must possess strong experience in O-O design and development and
in
Agile environment

WHEN YOU APPLY, PLEASE INCLUDE:
- One or more things you love about our products
- One or more things you would change to improve our products
- Your interest in fitness
- Your website, blog, or twitter feed

** No contractors, remote inquiries or recruiters please.
** Note- We are not currently offering Visa Sponsorship