The Startup Business Class (by the Austin Entreprenuer Network) on Sept 15th 2009 | and about The Idea Finishing School

C. Enrique Ortiz

Sep 3, 2009, 9:59:20 PM9/3/09
to MobileAustin
Hello Mobile Austinites -

A quick announcement about two great resources that are available to
Central Texas entrepreneurs who are starting or who had started a
business (a start-up) and need some help or direction.

First my friend Hall Martin who runs the Austin Entrepreneur Network
(http://austinentrepreneurnetwork.org/) is organizing a "Startup
Business Class" on Sept 15 of 2009. But access to the course is
limited. Note that admission into the course will be determined by the
unique value of your business proposition, your ability to communicate
said value, and your commitment to making the business a success. To
apply go to http://austinentrepreneurnetwork.org/application. More
information is below.

Also, for those technology entrepreneurs who live in San Antonio (and
I would guess Austin too), my very good friend Dean McCall has started
the Idea Finishing School (http://www.ideafinishingschool.com/). Their
goal is to provide expert advice on technology, marketing, business
structure and investment capital for many “early stage” companies.

So there you go, two great resources for entrepreneurs in Central
Texas...

On a different topic, I really meant to have a MobileMonday session
past August but just couldn't - stay tuned and if you would like to
present and/or even sponsor the next event, which could be September
or October, shoot me an email; I'm dying to have the next event...

- - - - -

The Entrepreneur Startup & Growth Course: From Ideation to Funding

So you have a good idea, maybe a team of people that believe in that
idea, and possibly even some money in the bank. So what are you going
to do now to turn that idea into a full-blown business reality?

Some of the questions you need to ask yourself are:
* Can I articulate this idea?
* Is it unique?
* Will people pay for it?

AEN’s Entrepreneur Startup and Growth course helps you answer these
and other crucial questions that must be addressed before you can turn
a good idea into a good business.

Attendees will receive:

* Eight (8) two-hour classroom sessions – held once a week – covering
critical topics on starting and funding a company.
* Two one-on-one mentoring sessions, focused on refining your
Executive Summary and Fast pitch.
* A complete course book, with presentation slides, work assignments,
and reference materials.

You should apply if:

* You have a business concept under development.
* You have started a business but don’t know where to go next.
* You have an established business but need funding to take it to the
next level.