iPhone Developer Needed for Capital Factory Funded Startup

1 view

René

Jun 30, 2010, 8:05:26 PM6/30/10
to MobileMonday Austin
Hurricane Party is an Austin-based startup in need of a talented
iPhone coder. Our product is a location-based social networking app
that allows you to create and discover parties. We have seed funding
from Capital Factory (http://www.capitalfactory.com/), a kick-ass
technology incubator modeled after Y Combinator.

You can find out more about us @ http://hurricaneparty.com/

Must-haves:
iPhone dev experience
Deep knowledge of Objective-C
Live in Austin or willing to move here

Nice-to-haves:
An app in the App Store
Python/Django
Android dev experience
Facebook App dev experience
iPad dev experience
a cool hobby totally unrelated to coding

At Hurricane Party we look for what Tim Brown from the legendary
design firm IDEO calls "T-shaped" people. The term is used to
describe someone who possess a deep knowledge in a certain field as
well as a broad knowledge of other areas of life. On the vertical
stroke of the "T", every member of the Hurricane Party team needs to
possess a depth of skill that allows him or her to make tangible
contributions to the outcome of the project. They must have a deep
knowledge of a single field -- in this case Obj-C and iPhone coding.
Crossing the "T" on the horizontal axis, a Hurricane Partier must have
a broad knowledge of other areas of life. This allows the person to
better collaborate across disciplines.

Since we are an early stage startup, long hours are the norm. We
routinely work through the weekend and would expect you to be
comfortable working at that pace. Currently the Hurricane Party team
consists of just the three founders--because of this whomever we hire
will be getting in on the ground floor and will receive equity
commensurate to the level of commitment you make to the company.

If you are interested, please send the following to
Hurricane...@gmail.com:

1. List of iPhone apps you’ve developed (please supply screen shots if
not available in App Store)
2. Links to samples of your non-iPhone development
3. Links/description of your non-work-related interests
- - -
Hurricane Party company motto: be smart, be nice, have fun, get things
done.