Looking for Volunteers for upcoming Austin iPhone Conference

Gerald Bailey

Oct 15, 2010, 5:26:17 PM10/15/10
Hello friends,

I'm passing along a note from 360|iDev regarding their upcoming iPhone developers conference in Austin, Nov 7-10.  Hope to see you there!

For those that were at 360|iDev San Jose this past year you'll know we had volunteers to help out. The volunteers were a HUGE help, and a large part of why the conference was probably the smoothest we've ever done.

It's that time again for our call for volunteers!
Why do we want volunteers?

  • Obviously having free workers is a bonus, but one of our main reasons for having volunteers is to provide a way for those that absolutely cannot afford the conference to be able to have a way to join us!
  • Give us your new graduates, those that were laid off, and those without 2 nickels to rub together!
  • The point behind 360 conferences is to have an affordable event that the majority of people can come to! Being unemployed doesn't need to be the barrier.

Please note, that if you just want to save a few bucks you don't necessarily fit the bill. Think of those less fortunate than you! We're always throwing out discount codes, visit your local user group, they'll have one, etc. The volunteer program is really for those that won't otherwise be able to make the conference.

What do I need to do if I'm a volunteer?

  • We need you to be available Saturday thru Wednesday.  (Saturday can be waived, but the more hands the faster the work is completed)
  • We need people the Saturday prior to the conference for lanyard/badge assembly, and swag bag assembly, and to get familiar with the location.
  • We need people Sunday to run the Registration desk. This is your training for monday when the masses invade! There are 3 shifts, 7am-noon, noon-5, and 5-8.
  • Monday thru Wednesday we need people to run the Registration desk as well as the cameras in each session. You will be assigned to either the desk or recording sessions.
  • If you are assigned to record a session you need to remain in that session for the duration. You will need to confirm the camera continues to function and get the slides from the speaker at the end (via flash drive)
  • Sunday and Monday you will need to arrive between 7 and 7:30.
  • Tuesday and Wednesday you will need to arrive between 8 and 8:30.

What's in it for you?

  • When you are not assigned to a session or the reg desk - you are free to see the sessions.
  • You get to enjoy lunch.
  • You get to mingle at all the parties (unless you are working the desk on sunday)
  • You get to meet a ton of people during registration!
  • You get a cool badge that says "Volunteer" :)
  • You get to say you know the folks that run 360|Conferences.

We really want you to get something out of the conference! We want you to have fun and learn a ton! You're there to help us, but also get as much as you can out of sessions.

If you think you can hack it - apply!

  • Name:
  • Email:
  • Phone Number:
  • Current application of technology:
  • Reason for wanting to be a volunteer:
  • Availability Sat?
  • Availability Sun?

Just email us at INFO at 360idev DOT com with the above details. We'll let those selected know ASAP.

Gerald Bailey
President & Founder
SnakeHead Software, LLC
"It's All Fun & Games!"