Free Developer happy hour and privacy discussion - Monday, June 4 6-9pm

Carlo

Jun 1, 2012, 1:41:34 PM6/1/12
to MobileMonday Austin
The App Developers Alliance is hosting a happy hour and discussion on
privacy Monday night at Buffalo Billiards, with an open bar and food.
See their message below:

Free Developer happy hour and privacy discussion

What: Application Developers Alliance Austin Privacy Summit
When: Monday, June 4 6:00 PM-9:00 PM
Where: Buffalo Billiards
201 East 6th Street
Austin, Texas 78701
Link: http://privacysummitaustin.eventbrite.com/

We're providing the open bar, pizza, and privacy experts for an
important conversation. You provide the conversation.
DevPrivacySummit.com.

Developers are in the crosshairs of a nationwide explosion of
lawmaking. Legislators and regulators are making decisions about
software privacy that will make your work more difficult, and this is
your opportunity to make your voice heard. Anyone who writes software
-- no matter the language or platform -- must understand the issues
and take the lead in the discussion to ensure privacy protections are
effective but do not impede growth in the business of creating
software.

That’s why we’re bringing the privacy conversation to developers in
cities across the U.S. The series will include conversations guided by
discussion leaders to help developers better understand the changing
privacy landscape and give them a voice in the dialogue. This isn't a
heavy event, it's a conversation led by and for developers which is
why we're also providing a fully stocked happy hour. Because we know
even the biggest challenges can be solved over a few beers (just not
too many - http://xkcd.com/323/).