Re: Lawsuit

steve...@verizon.net

Jan 13, 2012, 8:31:10 AM1/13/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
what was the rationale. It is my understanding anyone can join a class action at anytime; it only helps their case. Is Robert Cohen the one handling the class action and if so, could you provide his phone number. I work alot with attorneys; maybe we can figure out a way to be added.

On 01/12/12, nadjam123<nadia_c...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,
I contacted Robert Cohen by e-mail around Christmas, 2011, to see if I
could join the lawsuit, and he said I could not join it. I was too
late according to him. Not sure what that means in terms of how it is
progressing, but frustrating for me, as I am out a lot of money (as is
everyone else).

If anyone else has any ideas on how to get their money back, I'd love
to hear it.

Thanks,
Nadia C.

jun park

Jan 13, 2012, 8:46:35 AM1/13/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
Happy New Year!
Have you contacted this lawyer and joined the class action?
I really wanted to join as well.
Please let me know.

Jun Park

USA
Cell: 1.702.526.0187
Fax: 1.702.453.0187
Email: junp...@yahoo.com
Skype:jpark1111

DISCLAIMER AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This information was gathered from sources we believe to be reliable, but we make no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information. We disclaim all responsibility for information contained in this publication and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs you may incur as a result of the information being inaccurate or incomplete in any way for any reason. Receiver must verify the information and bears all risk for any inaccuracies.

The information transmitted in this message is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you receive this message in error, please contact the sender and delete this message. Thank you.
Jan 13, 2012, 10:23:09 AM1/13/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
I would like to be added as well, if one still can.
Mira van Zwaaij

--
"Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is
falling in love with your smile"

Ian Veryard

Jan 13, 2012, 10:39:27 AM1/13/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com, mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
Me too!

Ian
> mohawkre...@googlegroups.com.To unsubscribe from this

bree robertson

Jan 14, 2012, 3:00:28 AM1/14/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested too! Im not sure how to proceed but don't want to just give up either! These guys should be held responsible!

I am copying in my e-mail exchange with Robert (Bob) Cohen. I am
located in Toronto, as is he.  Please keep in mind that I only had an
e-mail exchange with him, not a phone call.  Here are the details, and
I have re-arranged the text so that it's a bit easier to read (not
from bottom to top).  The last e-mail from him was on December 19th.
If there are others who are interested in at least exploring ways to
get our money back, I would be interested in discussing...although the
last thing I want to do is incur huge expenses chasing a company that
may not have any money to do refunds.  I tried sending an e-mail to
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to mohawkreosamurais+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

bree robertson

Jan 15, 2012, 12:35:51 AM1/15/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
Please add me as well

From: Ian Veryard <Karmac...@shaw.ca>;
> I would like to be added as well, if one still can.
> Mira van Zwaaij
>
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 8:31 AM, nadjam123
> <nadia_c...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> group, send email to mohawkreosamur...@googlegroups.com.

> >> For more options, visit this group
> athttp://groups.google.com/group/mohawkreosamurais?hl=en.>>
> >> --
> athttp://groups.google.com/group/mohawkreosamurais?hl=en.>
> > --
> http://groups.google.com/group/mohawkreosamurais?hl=en.>
>

> --
> "Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is
> falling in love with your smile"

Reta Wacker

Jan 15, 2012, 2:17:09 AM1/15/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com

I am also interested

To join the lawsuit.

Reta

No virus found in this message.

MALCOLM BAYES

Jan 15, 2012, 2:18:37 PM1/15/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
Please add my name, I'm also very interested in joining any class action law suit.Thank you Malcolm Bayes.

Jan 15, 2012, 5:03:21 PM1/15/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
Please add my name to the class action lawsuit.

Ed Wodynski

jun park

Jan 15, 2012, 11:58:41 PM1/15/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
Please add my name and contact info on your class action.
Thanks!

Jun Park

USA
Cell: 1.702.526.0187
Fax: 1.702.453.0187
KOREA
Cell: 82-10-7414-0187
Email: junp...@yahoo.com
Skype:jpark1111

Danielle Witton

Jan 16, 2012, 1:47:26 AM1/16/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
Can I still add my name if I  live in Calgary, AB.( CANADA )and don’t have the money for a lawyer?

Has anyone in Calgary got any info. about this? Where to turn for help?

If so , PLEASE add my name and contact info. to your class-action law-suit to recover lost Real Estate
investment costs from Mohawk, G.I.W  etc. as well.

Please advise or contact me.

I’ve had a very bad health year and have been out of the loop on this and would so appreciate any advise
or direction with how to proceed with this.

Thank you!

Danielle Witton

Quincy Ko

Jan 16, 2012, 11:38:04 PM1/16/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com, junp...@yahoo.com
Jun and other investors

The only class action lawsuit that I am aware of is in the US started by Vishal Sharma and Wendy Kwong which is public info (http://securities.stanford.edu/1044/FICL10_01/)  Not sure what the latest update on the lawsuit is but one can contact the lawyer, Perry Narancic directly at:

325 Sharon Park Drive, Suite 736 , Menlo Park, CA, 94025

I have tried contacting Perry, Vishal and Wendy without any luck.  If anyone has any news on this case, please inform us investors.

Quincy

Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:58:41 -0800
From: junp...@yahoo.com

Subject: please add my name on your class action.

Quincy Ko

Jan 17, 2012, 1:41:53 AM1/17/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com, daniell...@shaw.ca

During the holidays, I spoke with the lawyer, Robert Cohen in Toronto that is representing about 50 investors against GIW/Mohawk but it is not a class action in that any investor can join.  They have already served the defendents who did not appear in court to defend so are now waiting for a default judgement from the court against them.

Quincy

From: daniell...@shaw.ca
To: mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: please add my name on your class action.
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 23:47:26 -0700

Ian Vee

Jan 17, 2012, 7:54:15 AM1/17/12
to mohawkre...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for keeping us up to date, Quincy.

Ian

bree...@yahoo.ca

Jan 18, 2012, 12:48:37 PM1/18/12
to MohawkREOSamurais
Hi Danielle, I'm in Calgary too and don't know of any groups here. I
was lead to believe that I would be part of the US class action so
didn't pursue other options only now I hear Cdn's aren't included and
it's now too late to join the Ontario lawsuit (which is not class
action but at least has enough people that the costs wouldn't likely
be too bad)...I feel I'm kinda left out in the cold. I do not know
of a Cdn class action suite in Canada and can't afford to pursue this
on my own ....besides I'm not comfortable spending good money chasing
after bad becuase I'm not sure there is any money to get. I think
these guys know what they're doing and the cross border really does
limit us....that said I invested in 2 properties and would like my $$$
back (which I've been pursuing since Aug 2008) and if that is not
possible I would like to see these guys held accountable

On Jan 15, 11:47 pm, "Danielle Witton" <daniellewit...@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Can I still add my name if I  live in Calgary, AB.( CANADA )and don’t have the money for a lawyer?
>
> Has anyone in Calgary got any info. about this? Where to turn for help?
>
> If so , PLEASE add my name and contact info. to your class-action law-suit to recover lost Real Estate
> investment costs from Mohawk, G.I.W  etc. as well.
>
> Please advise or contact me.
>
> I’ve had a very bad health year and have been out of the loop on this and would so appreciate any advise
> or direction with how to proceed with this.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Danielle Witton
> (403) 686-2160
> daniellewit...@shaw.ca

Titan

Jan 25, 2012, 2:37:05 PM1/25/12
to MohawkREOSamurais
This is not a class action lawsuit and I am not aware of any initiated
in Canada. Steven (or any other investors) if you know any good
lawyers that will take on this lawsuit preferably on contingency then
we have a small chance. Personally, I've spent enough time and energy
on this and unless others take action, nothing will happen and our
investment is unfortunately a writeoff.

On Jan 13, 5:31 am, stevenwe...@verizon.net wrote:
> what was the rationale. It is my understanding anyone can join a class action at anytime; it only helps their case. Is Robert Cohen the one handling the class action and if so, could you provide his phone number. I work alot with attorneys; maybe we can figure out a way to be added.

Jaden

Feb 1, 2012, 3:35:51 PM2/1/12
to MohawkREOSamurais
I bought 1 of these bunk properties at the Edmonton Seminar. I agree
with you Titan, I wonder if enough of us Canadians banded together we
could find a law firm to take us on for commission. Even if we only
get 50% back its better than 0%. The one question is if there is any
money left after the other lawsuits, including FIC are done...

On Jan 25, 12:37 pm, Titan <Quinc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This is not a class action lawsuit and I am not aware of any initiated
> in Canada.  Steven (or any other investors) if you know any good
> lawyers that will take on this lawsuit preferably on contingency then
> we have a small chance.  Personally, I've spent enough time and energy
> on this and unless others take action, nothing will happen and our
> investment is unfortunately a writeoff.
>
> On Jan 13, 5:31 am, stevenwe...@verizon.net wrote:
>

> > what was the rationale. It is my understanding anyone can join a class action at anytime; it only helps their case. Is Robert Cohen the one handling the class action and if so, could you provide his phone number. I work alot with attorneys; maybe we can figure out a way to be added.

Alex Mitchell

Feb 2, 2012, 8:22:27 AM2/2/12
to MohawkREOSamurais
Jaden,
If you're willing to head up a group of Canadians, and contact a
lawyer to see if they'll work for a percentage, or commission, start a
new post and ask Canadian people to list their name and maybe contact
info (or whatever is necessary).
I'm sure you'd get a ton of people to sign up. Obviously, the more
people you get "signed up", the more compelling it is to the lawyer.
I spoke with Quincy about this a little bit ago. We both agreed it was
a good idea, but neither of us have the time to head-up something like
this. I run two businesses (working 14-16 hour days, 7 days a week),
my wife is a realtor so she's out a lot, and I have 2 young girls at
home to take care of, and drive them to their activities. I barely get
enough time to sleep 6 or 7 hours a night. I don't need any more
workload. However, I would definitely signup to be part of that list.
I bought 3 houses. I spoke with Brad Hess extensively throughout this
whole ordeal, so I have A LOT of communication with Brad that I kept.
A lot of empty and broken promises. I also did a bunch of research on
Brad Hess, and found out that this isn't the first time he's scammed a
bunch of people. So, it needs to stop, and he needs to pay for his
actions, in some shape or form.
Alex