AbstractRemotingService.cfc handling URL data

Kevin Penny

Feb 9, 2010, 12:56:27 AM2/9/10
to model-glue
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I have an existing MG event
say entry.delete that calls my entryController etc.

I'm exposing these events via RemotingService.cfc as documented in the
MG wiki.

However, when I'm passing in my 'url' values as arguments in a call
(entryid) of say:
RemotingService.cfc?
method=executeEvent&eventName=entry.delete&entryid=C04D3009-98F0-D25F-
CCC0B0C67C0B6C16&returnformat=json&returnvalues=result

and wish to get the 'entryid' in my controller, it comes through as
emptystring.

As you can't really pass a structure through the URL in a 'get'
request, I added this to the AbstractRemotingService.cfc
<cfif cgi.request_method eq "post">
<cfset arguments.values = duplicate(form)/>
--><cfelseif cgi.request_method eq "get">
--> <cfset StructAppend(arguments.values,duplicate(url))>
</cfif>

This made sure the values passed through the URL during a 'get'
request were in fact available in my Controller through the standard
arguments.event.getValue('entryid') call.

Is this missing from the AbstractRemotingService or was this this by
design some how?

Thanks

Ezra Parker

Feb 9, 2010, 1:28:33 AM2/9/10
to model...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

The AbstractRemotingService has been updated to correct that
particular problem, and to fix a couple of other issues as well. To
use the most up-to-date version, please download the 3.1 maintenance
release beta (version 3.1.261):

http://www.model-glue.com/coldfusion.cfm

--
Ezra Parker