Preskočiť na prvú neprečítanú správu

Chris Blackwell

neprečítané,
16. 11. 2010, 16:33:1016. 11. 2010
komu: model-glue
Hi All,

I've written an new debug renderer for ModelGlue.  Rather than appending the debug out to the end of the page as a table, it appends it as JSON encoded data in a script block, the debug data is then rendered in a Firebug tab.
This means that it shouldn't break any of your layouts, and you can pop the debug log out into a separate window.

There are two parts to this tool

- a new LogRenderer (LogRendererFirebug.cfc) which serializes the trace array as json and drops it in a script block.
- a Firefox plugin (ModelGlueDebugger.xpi) which implements the Firebug plugin api (xpi's are just zip files if you want to see the src) to create the new tab.

Requirements - Firefox 3.6 & Firebug 1.5

See the README file in the attached zip file for full installation instructions, there is also a screen shot attached.
Please consider this an alpha release, if you find any issues please drop me an email.

Cheers, Chris

modelglue-firebug-panel.png
ModelGlueDebugger_FireBugExtension.zip

Roy Martin

neprečítané,
16. 11. 2010, 17:23:2416. 11. 2010
komu: model...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chris,

This is great news. We've been working on a debugging toolbar with the idea to port this to a Firebug toolbar. We're going to install this now and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the addition!
Roy

--
Model-Glue Sites:
Home Page: http://www.model-glue.com

Groups "model-glue" group.
model-glue+...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/model-glue?hl=en

James Allen

neprečítané,
17. 11. 2010, 6:13:3117. 11. 2010
komu: model...@googlegroups.com

Great piece of work Chris!

Going to install it now. I've ended up turning debugging output off on most jobs as the debug output was quite messy when testing design changes etc.

This looks spot on. Thank you.

James.

---

James  Allen

E: ja...@jamesallen.name

Blog: http://jamesallen.name

Twitter: @CFJamesAllen (Coldfusion / Web development)

Twitter: @jamesallenuk (General)

Twitter: @JamesAllenVoice (Voiceover)

--

Raymond Camden

neprečítané,
18. 11. 2010, 12:34:0218. 11. 2010
komu: model...@googlegroups.com
Chris - I just noticed the 'script' part when it broke an AJAX based
login. Any reason why you went this route instead of how ColdFire does
it? (IE headers in the background.)

> --
> Model-Glue Sites:
> Home Page: http://www.model-glue.com
> Documentation: http://docs.model-glue.com
> Bug Tracker: http://bugs.model-glue.com
> Blog: http://www.model-glue.com/blog

> Groups "model-glue" group.
> model-glue+...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/model-glue?hl=en

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master

Email    : r...@camdenfamily.com
Blog      : www.coldfusionjedi.com
AOL IM : cfjedimaster

Keep up to date with the community: http://www.coldfusionbloggers.org

Chris Blackwell

neprečítané,
18. 11. 2010, 14:57:5018. 11. 2010
komu: model...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ray,

I did experiment with headers, but the log data generated by ModelGlue (especially when its in "reload" mode) is simply too large.  There is a known bug with Firefox that silently truncates header data larger than 10k, its old but my testing seems to show it still exists in the current release.

I must admin that i haven't looked at the ColdFire implementation, and only fell back on using a script block when i couldn't make headers work.

I will take a look at the src of ColdFire and see if it provides any clues as to how i might make headers work for ModelGlue.

Cheers, Chris

Raymond Camden

neprečítané,
19. 11. 2010, 10:02:3619. 11. 2010
komu: model...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we ran into this when developing ColdFire. Take a look at it. It
splits up the headers into smaller packets.

Allen G

neprečítané,
19. 11. 2010, 10:22:4219. 11. 2010
komu: model...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing this Chris!

Question --> Is there going to be a project page we can hit to report bugs and share our bug fixes at some point?

--Allen

Chris Blackwell

neprečítané,
19. 11. 2010, 11:41:3719. 11. 2010
komu: model...@googlegroups.com
@Ray, looked at it this morning, i see what you've done.. mostly.  I had thought the bug related to all headers, but apparently not.  What i can't figure out is how you access the headers from within firebug.

@Allen, yes i'm going to setup an riaforge project for this, just as soon as i can figure out a catchy name "modelgluefirebugextension.riaforge.org" isn't very memorable. suggestions welcome

Lola Lee Beno

neprečítané,
19. 11. 2010, 12:03:1719. 11. 2010
On 11/19/10 11:41 AM, Chris Blackwell wrote:

@Allen, yes i'm going to setup an riaforge project for this, just as soon as i can figure out a catchy name "modelgluefirebugextension.riaforge.org" isn't very memorable. suggestions welcome

John Rossi

neprečítané,
19. 11. 2010, 14:08:2619. 11. 2010
komu: model...@googlegroups.com

FireGlue ?

Chris Blackwell

neprečítané,
19. 11. 2010, 14:34:1119. 11. 2010
komu: model...@googlegroups.com
i was thinking.. GlueBug ?

Roy Martin

neprečítané,
19. 11. 2010, 18:23:3419. 11. 2010
komu: model...@googlegroups.com
My vote is for FireGlue or just the SEO friendly ModelGlueDebugger.

- Roy

denstar

neprečítané,
19. 11. 2010, 18:44:4819. 11. 2010
komu: model...@googlegroups.com
MGFBView, MGFBDebug, MGFBLogger?

FireGlue has a nice ring to it. =)

:Den

--
Our object in the construction of the state is the greatest happiness
of the whole, and not that of any one class.

Odpovedať všetkým
Odpovedať autorovi
Poslať ďalej
0 nových správ