Websockets patch

Richard Jones

Nov 21, 2010, 10:12:53 AM11/21/10
to moch...@googlegroups.com
I've updated my mochiweb repo with a "clean" branch that shows my
websockets patch against the current version from mochi/mochiweb

https://github.com/RJ/mochiweb-websockets/commit/ef8aadd936bf927ee724651c9849eba8e9b78bd6

It has an async API, supports origin validation, and my example app is
currently configured to use https:
https://github.com/RJ/mochiweb-websockets/blob/ef8aadd936bf927ee724651c9849eba8e9b78bd6/examples/websockets/websockets_demo.erl

To try it out:

cd examples/websockets
erlc websockets_demo.erl
erl -boot start_sasl -pa ../../ebin/
websockets_demo:start().

then visit https://localhost:8080/ (excuse the ugly html/javascript..)

It's behaving fine so far during my testing.
I'd love to see websockets support in the official repo soon. To that
end, any testing, suggestions on how to improve it, stylistic
concerns, bugs, patches, comments, etc are very welcome :)

RJ

Bob Ippolito

Nov 24, 2010, 10:58:48 PM11/24/10
to moch...@googlegroups.com
Looking at this now. In the future it's more convenient for us to look
at an issue than a mailing list post for something like this.

Bob Ippolito

Nov 24, 2010, 11:06:41 PM11/24/10
to moch...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to see the % comments switched to %% comments because Emacs
doesn't indent % properly.

I'd also like to see some tests, there aren't any at all.

With these two things sorted, I'd happily merge websockets support upstream :)

Richard Jones

Nov 25, 2010, 8:53:22 AM11/25/10
to moch...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I'll file an issue with an update next week.
RJ