OpenROSA/XForms support ?

Madhusudhanan Venugopal

Aug 10, 2010, 12:30:15 AM8/10/10
to moca-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Anyone know the status of the OpenROSA/XForms support ?
I see that this is one of the highest priority task as mentioned in the wiki.

Thanks,
Madhu

We are actively working on the following tasks:
  • OpenROSA / XForms support -- Switch to using the XForms module for OpenMRS to design forms. Swap out the serialization/deserialization format on the phone with XForms. This is our top priority since we released our version 1.0 and it should be done within the month.

Katherine

Aug 10, 2010, 3:57:24 AM8/10/10
to moca-users
Hi Madhu,

Yup, XForms support is one of our high priority items. From what I
recall, RJ started working on refactoring the client and MDS code to
prepare for XForms support, but we recently decided to integrate our
Android app with Open Data Kit (http://code.google.com/p/
opendatakit/), since they already have built a robust client app with
XForms support. We haven't begun the integration yet for that, and we
still have to integrate the Sana module in OpenMRS with XForms as
well. There's a lot of work to be done, so this will probably be a
task we will be working on for quite a while (many months). Sorry I
don't have a better time estimate for you, but we realize the
importance of this feature, so if you or any of the others are
interested in helping out, that would be much appreciated!

Best,
Kat