Dangerous electrical pollution at Woodstock Library

news.omega

Nov 8, 2007, 2:39:46 AM11/8/07
to mobilfunk_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Martin,

wheel chair bound people have the right to access any public buildings
with their wheel chair.

Everywhere you see now wheel chair access, never mind whether the
community has only one wheel chaired student in a school, and a few
elder who need to enter the stores…or the government agency.

Wheel chair bound people have the right for access of/for anything! side
walks are now wheel chair constructed.

Similar refers for EHS people!

EHS people have the right to be able to stay in a library as long as
they wish. If for some reasons they are forced to leave the library
against their will and wish, that means an infringement of their
personal human rights.

In my opinion that should be dealt with wit the Canadian Human Rights
Commission, see below.

Cheers and Best, Hans.

source:
http://www.chrc-ccdp.ca/research_program_recherche/esensitivities_legal_hypersensibilitee/page2-en.asp?highlight=1

*Environmental Sensitivities*

Environmental sensitivities are not easily defined, as they are a
complex and often poorly understood group of chronic conditions. The
explanation of sensitivities that appears below is given here merely to
provide context for the legal analysis that follows.

The Ad Hoc Committee on Environmental Hypersensitivity Disorders,
chaired by former Judge George M. Thomson, defined environmental
sensitivities as:

a chronic (i.e. continuing for more than three months) multisystem
disorder, usually involving symptoms of the central nervous system and
at least one other system. Affected persons are frequently intolerant to
some foods and they react adversely to some chemicals and to
environmental agents, singly or in combination, at levels generally
tolerated by the majority… Improvement is associated with avoidance of
suspected agents and symptoms recur with re-exposure.^2
<http://www.chrc-ccdp.ca/research_program_recherche/esensitivities_legal_hypersensibilitee/page2-en.asp?highlight=1#2>

Individuals with environmental sensitivities experience adverse
reactions to environmental agents below the level deemed to be unsafe or
to affect people. The causes, symptoms and triggers of environmental
sensitivities vary from individual to individual. The triggering
environmental agents are prevalent throughout the built environment and
include electromagnetic fields and the chemicals found in building
materials, furniture, cleaning and copying products, fragrances, and
pesticides.

As a result of the scientific confusion, diagnostic difficulty and
general lack of knowledge within the medical and broader community with
regard to environmental sensitivities, the latter are often misdiagnosed
as psychological or psychiatric conditions. This misdiagnosis and
misunderstanding results in social stigma for people with sensitivities
and may result in a denial of accommodation, with individuals being told
that "it is in their head." However, despite the lack of clarity on the
causes of environmental sensitivities and the absence of a diagnostic
test, there is no doubt that individuals experience physical symptoms as
a result of environmental agents. Even if environmental sensitivities
were triggered by a psychiatric condition, the Act’s guarantee of
accommodation to the point of undue hardship and non-discrimination
would be equally applicable, albeit potentially with different forms of
accommodation.

While this paper uses the term "environmental sensitivities," numerous
other terms refer to the same or similar conditions, including "multiple
chemical sensitivity (MCS)," "chemical injury," "sick building
syndrome," "environmental illness," "environmental hypersensitivity,"
"electromagnetic field (EMF) sensitivity," "Gulf War syndrome,"
"environmental sensitivity disorder," "20th century disease" and
"environmental allergies." Because of the variation in triggers and
symptoms, it is preferable to refer to sensitivities in the plural,
rather than the singular.

1. While the Act’s prohibition of discrimination in sections 5-13
applies to all employers, providers of goods, services, facilities or
accommodations, and employee organizations under the federal
jurisdiction of the Canadian Human Rights Commission, the researchers
use the term “employers and service providers” throughout this paper.
This term is used for ease of reference and not because the duty to
accommodate and the standard of undue hardship discussed in this paper
do not apply equally to all entities covered by the Act.
2./ Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Environmental Hypersensitivity
Disorders/, to Murray J. Elston, Minister of Health (August 1985), at 17-18.