Smart Meter Opt Out Proposal for CA

news....@googlemail.com

Sep 9, 2011, 5:02:54 AM9/9/11
to mobilfunk_...@googlegroups.com

Just wanted to send out our smart meter opt out proposal for the workshop in CA which is scheduled next week and give you the cliff notes on the smart grid protest hearing from yesterday which I attended by phone since I couldn't be there in person. The hearing was in my opinion a farce. 5 "interested parties" spoke about smart grid, cancer and health effects and then it was just was pretty much ignored after it was voiced. The PUC expressed absolutely no interest in or concern whatsoever about this "pesky cancer issue".

Participants in the "opt out workshop" scheduled for next week in CA have been blocked from participating by phone. I filed a compliant about that with the judge so we will see...It looks like we are just going to have to move to legislation after these obligatory PUC hearings. I'm looking forward to that.

Also attached please find Christine Hoch's wireless summit flyer in case anyone would like to listen or go. Just to let you know, I inquired about the "seasoned DC lobbyist" scheduled to speak and they do not have one yet but are working on it!!

Liz
Smart Meter PUC OPT OUT.doc
Summit flyerFINAL(1).pdf