Cell Phone notification - Smart Meter Protest Filing

news....@googlemail.com

Aug 11, 2011, 12:17:14 AM8/11/11

It has been a while since I've sent anything out and that is because I am completely up to my eyeballs in trying to meet a deadline for the film I have been working on, on this issue for the passed 4 years. So things have fallen a bit to the wayside in favor of 100% focus on the completion of this project. This means I have lately, sadly, been unable to do as much on the EMF advocacy front as I would like due to the deadline with the film, but I hope to have it finished soon and it will indeed be a fantastic tool to help us with all of our efforts on this issue.

So just sending out a quick update in case you had not heard or seen it yet, I have attached the SF cell phone law which the mayor signed last week and has thankfully DROPPED SAR COMPLETELY as has the state of CA, thanks to the influence of other bills on this issue being brought in other the states as well as the CTIA. Finally we agreed on something!!  :) Also special thanks to EWG (Environmental Working Group) who initiated the bill in SF and saw it through to fruition.

Here are the cliff notes from this ground breaking bill that is not a warning label, but will give consumers notification via a slip of paper which will contain...

1) A statement explaining that cell phones emit radio frequency energy that is absorbed into the head and body.

2) A statement referencing measures to reduce exposure to radio frequency energy from the use of a cell phone and

3) A statement that the informational fact sheet referenced in subsection (b) is available from the cell phone retailer upon request.

I have attached the ordinance for your review.

I have also attached for your review a protest The Peoples Initiative Foundation has flied against the CPUC for it's deployment of smart grid in CA.

And lastly, a new and very unique website is up and running called electromagneticman,

It contains videos of personal stories on EHS. A very informative and personal way to get the info on this debilitating illness of the 21st century out there. I highly recommend you checking it out.

The Pennsylvania bill, The Children's Wireless Protection Act, calling for brain cancer warning labels on cell phones will have a preliminary hearing on Sept. 1st.  It may then move to another committee. I will keep you posted on that.

All for now.

Liz
San Francisco Cell Phone Law.pdf
Smart_Meter_Protest_Edison_Final_FINAL_FINAL8-4-11.doc

news....@googlemail.com

Aug 11, 2011, 12:25:12 AM8/11/11