India may adopt worst cell tower radiation norms

0 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Neha

ungelesen,
07.07.2010, 06:59:4907.07.10
an Mobilfunk-Newsletter - EMF-Omega-News
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is coming up with cell
phone and cell tower radiation norms. It appears that India may adopt
the worst possible radiation standards.

For cell phones: In USA, SAR limit is 1.6W/Kg which is actually for 6
min/day usage and in UK, it is 2W/Kg for 5 min/day usage. In India, we
may have a norm of 2W/Kg, but do we use cell phones for only 5 min in
India?

For cell towers, many countries have adopted maximum radiation density
values of 0.001 to 0.25 W/sq meter. Here again, India may adopt ICNIRP
norms which is 4 to 10W/ sq meter which are the worst.You can see the
file of Int. Rad Limit for GSM1800 at - http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dc7f4sfp_0hgvq46gq

So why will India have worst radiation norms? Is it because most of
the telecom technology providers are International players? Why should
they care for the health of Indians?

I and Prof Girish Kumar from IIT Bombay have been working extensively
in this field. I am sending two reports:

1. First report is on General Bio-effects of Electromagnetic
Radiation, where Prof. Kumar has also mentioned in the preface about
his personal experience of health effected due to his working in the
antenna measurement for now nearly 3 decades.
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B3b9q8NJph9jZmUwYzIyN2QtZmNjNC00NThiLTgwMzEtMTM0Nzg3MGMwYmE2&hl=en

2. Second report is on Cell Tower radiation effect, where we have
described theoretical and measured radiation level, new norms being
proposed in the world, and biological effects.
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B3b9q8NJph9jNWIxOWMyOTQtZjI2Mi00YmVlLTliY2UtOWFmOTI1OGZkZmE0&hl=en

We must do something quickly to safeguard health of 100+ crore people.

With Regards
-Neha
---------------------------------
Neha Kumar
B.Tech Biotechnology
http://neha-wilcom.blogspot.com

Support cause on -
Facebook: Attention! Help stop India adopt worst cell-tower radiation
norms - http://www.causes.com/causes/453824
Twitter: https://twitter.com/wilcom_neha
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor